This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturns Fate will be set in Next few Days

General Motors is throwing together its viability report for the feds before the automaker's homework is due on February 17th, and a large part of the plan is to eliminate its most unprofitable brands. GM execs have said on more than one occasion that the automaker's core brands – Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC – are the vehicles (pun intended) to bring the General back from the brink, but where does that leave HUMMER, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn?

What's going to happen to Saturn... next week?
    by Damon Lavrinc on Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:00PM

General Motors is throwing together its viability report for the feds before the automaker's homework is due on February 17th, and a large part of the plan is to eliminate its most unprofitable brands. GM execs have said on more than one occasion that the automaker's core brands – Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC – are the vehicles (pun intended) to bring the General back from the brink, but where does that leave HUMMER, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn?

According to a report from Automotive News, Saturn dealers are well aware that their brand hasn't made the cut and that after a two-day meeting last week between GM and the Saturn Franchise Operation Team, a handful of options are on the table. GM's marketing chief, Mark LaNeve, said that the options include, "everything from a new dualing pattern to a spinoff to a partnership to an outright sale." LaNeve goes on to say, "Everything is fluid. You can't commit to any option... I'll say this: You don't need four options to kill a brand."

Saturn's uncertain future is apparently apparent on the showroom floor, with customers reportedly voicing their concerns about the brand's future and the availability of parts and service.

Hopefully, once GM files its viability plan on the 17th, all of the details about the automaker's brands will be disclosed. Dealers don't seem too optimistic, including Todd Ingersoll, a member of the franchise team and the owner of Saturn of Danbury and Watertown in Connecticut. He thinks after the report is filed, GM's decision on Saturn will be disclosed "within hours."

[Source: Automotive News – Sub. Req.]
    I see Joe posting a lot in this one....

Anyhoo this basically just says the final decision on Saturn will be made within 24 hours or so, whether or not it will live on, be sold, axed, etc.

On another note. The Saturn dealership in Watertown is about 10-15 miles from me! (?) That was actually the first dealership we went to to look at cars the summer after I turned 16. (It was the only one open past 5pm ). On that road there's a Saab, Audi, BMW, Nissan, Hummer, and one other dealership besides the Saturn one.

I will update this thread with new info as it comes out. I made it a sticky. I will edit the title as well.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Saturns Fate will be set in Next few Days

My progression thread
    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

By saturns fate, do you mean Joe's fate?

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
          unfortunately yes. Joe i hope you've been looking around man. beat everyone to the available jobs.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint
          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
            Not necisarily. GM could choose to sell it, and they also commited to funding it till 2012.
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Comment

keybor not orkin to talk.
                ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by jedi3
                  keybor not orkin to talk.
                  Go get a new one

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

I'm biased against Saturn... still think they were the main reason Oldsmobile had to die.

So I better shut my mouth.
                    <-- Gray G6? Click!
                    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                      I'm biased against Saturn... still think they were the main reason Oldsmobile had to die.

So I better shut my mouth.
                      too late!!!!

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                      PSN: racin247
                      Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

I just got to work and was given this, also Saturn will be speaking to us this week!

ps
                        GM see how saturn does things! they will be talking to us first before makeing it offical!!!!!

Breaking News: Saturn to be Spun Off from General Motors, Brand to Return to Its Roots as a Different Kind of Car Company

http://www.saturnfans.com/company/break ... car-compan

Originally posted by saturnfans.com
                        Hot on the heels of Rick Wagoner's announcement yesterday evening that Saturn faces an uncertain future at General Motors, comes news that plans have already been set in motion to separate the import-fighting brand from the faltering auto giant. The resulting entity will be a new, independent car company that's able to source cars from other automakers built to Saturn's specifications.

A reliable source tells SaturnFans.com that a small subcommittee, operating under the Saturn Franchise Operations Team (FOT), has been created to guide the formation of Saturn Distribution Corporation and its separation from GM. An outside consultant has reportedly been hired to work with investors and retail store owners to take Saturn private. Saturn's customer-friendly, consumer-focused, and right-sized retail network is attractive to outside financiers who are interested in helping return Saturn to it's former glory as a "different kind of company." As Wagoner confirmed during a news conference Monday evening outlining GM's updated restructuring plan, the newly independent Saturn will continue to sell GM-sourced vehicles until 2011.

In the meantime, SaturnFans.com has learned that one of the brand's first orders of business will be to add a new small car to the Saturn fleet. Additional vehicles will be added to the lineup before the current GM-built models reach their end-of-life. A letter and video has been sent to Saturn retail store owners describing the new plan.

This most recent turn of events caps more than two months of uncertainty surrounding the Saturn brand. During that time, several thousand fans signed SaturnFans.com's "Save Saturn" petition, pleading GM to keep the company. While that scenario didn't exactly play out, we now have a situation that presents even more promise and opportunity: Saturn's lineup will no longer be a function of whatever other GM brands are selling. This new development opens a new chapter in Saturn's history with a renewed focus on the mission and values originally put in place by the company's founders. Retailers' vested interest in the success of the new company means that they'll continue to take care of customers in the same award-winning way that the original Saturn used to revolutionize the auto industry almost twenty years ago.
                        ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                        .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Just please done import cheap cars from china or India and rebadge them as saturns please no!!

My progression thread
                          Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                          Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                          In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                          Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                          Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Does this mean you'll keep your job there Joe? Or you don't really know yet?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

That's somewhat good news to hear! I hope this pans out they want it too. How funny would it be if saturn makes a tremendous come back after gm sells it... and makes GM look like fools.

Comment

Working...
                              X