Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is there ANY solution to a Double Din in a G6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making fun, sniff sniff JK
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It'll all be okay lojac............as long as you don't try any fiberglassing any time soon.
      Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
      GT-R Exhaust System
      K&N Typhoon CAB
      EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
      EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

so you can make actual brackets and rigid structures with fiberglass?
        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can, fiberglass is very strong once fully cured. Just have to be carefull when you drill pilot holes so you don't splinter the fiberglass.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

He is very right, Fiberglass can be molded to make a custom bracket. and you do have to be very care when you do any drilling that you do not splinter it. The good thing about fiberglass though, is that if you do screw up, you can always lay some more down resin down and just try it again. Fiberglass is very strong once it is cured. Most canoes and boats are actually made from Fiberglass.
            GT-R Exhaust System
            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

yea, and some of the sub enclosures people make...wow. I can't imagine making my own fiberglass enclosure and it actually withstanding the power of the bass everytime it hits. I imagine it just cracking into pieces.

Mike
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Fiberglass is an awsome thing to have in your car, just takes alot of time, patients and money (if you keep screwing up haha). We made a box for my buddies Expedition for 3 12's and let me tell you what, NASA couldn't have gotten air through the box!! Hit really really hard something like the mid 150's db! Ummm as far as the double din, check crutchfield and they will tell you if A: it fits and B: if you need any mounting kits. Theres only one size of double din so if the stocker is DD and so is the Pioneer it should mount right up, might need to get a piece of plexi-glass for a surround to fill any corner gaps and for mounting points, you might also have to get creative for bracing and whatnot but its behind the dash so who cares... but other than that it should fit perfectly! I do however agree with the others on not loosing the DIC because GM has made it so the radio is the "brain" of alot of things, especially with the DIC being in the radio. You could loose such things as door chimes, remote start, your anti-theft alot with who knows what else GM tied into that radio (could also loose not a thing) gonna be trial and error. If you need any ideas about fiberglass tho feel free to ask, I used to professionally install custom stereos so I can help you out some (but not to much because the cars not tangible to show you!)
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Are you all absolutly sure that the stock is a double din? Im pretty sure somewhere I read it wasnt
                  2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Ooo just found it IS indeed a double din

Sorry Mdmas

Comment

look how big it is, of course its a DD.

Comment

Anybody have any specs about the space behind the radio? I see a lot of requests from the community for information about replacing the stock radio, but I havne't come across information about what I can expect if I was to remove it.
                        ~ Nick
                        ----------------
                        2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
                        Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

There's two little men running hand crank generators to roll the windows up and down while the car isn't running, just watch out for those-they bite.

Comment

Actually, from what I have heard, the stock radio is actually an oversized-double din. Slightly larger than a regular double din.
                            GT-R Exhaust System
                            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

it acctually is a lil bigger than a double din, thats why I said that a piece of plexiglass would be needed to fill any corner and side gaps! Fiberglass I wouldnt recommend for this basically because you'll need less than .5 all around and that would be crazy hard and time consuming!
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Well can you tell what size it is by this pic someone made? they put a double din in their g6

Comment

Working...
                                X