X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Features

January 28th 2009
    So, first day after my promotion to Admin has been a busy day, thanks to the snow gods granting me the day off work and classes and giving me the time to do so. Just to outline the new features implemented today.......

--URL Bug fix.
    ....an ongoing bug / parsing error has been resolved. What used to happen, when a member wrote a URL link, or quoted another member. The text would come up with extra characters tacked on and look weird.
    It went from this:
    http://www.google.com"onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    to show it should be
    --New Smileys
    ...When posting you will notice a couple new smilies to choice from. If you hit "View More Smilies" there are a few more. Here they are.
    imp:

And my latest that no one has noticed yet....

--New Style / Themes
    ...New themes. Four completely new user requested themes are AeroBlue, AeroBlack, AeroGreen, and AeroRed. Three themes that were previously disabled due to incompatibility were also edit and re-activated. These are prosilver, SimpleLightGreen, SimpleLightPurple, and SimpleDarkGreen. These proved interesting, as they needed modification to work with our site, due to our Portal system mixing things up a bit, and I had to figure out how Portal utilized themes, but they all work well! Give them a try and see if they are of your liking!! To try these themes out , go to User Control Panel>Board Preferences>then look for Board style, and change it to the one of your choosing, and hit Submit.

Also, some other less noticeable updates will go on later tonight after 11pm EST. Mainly just some small bugfixes and such that have to do with the backend of the site, nothing to report about.

As always I appreciate your input, and please weigh in on these new feature and report any issues you may have with them or let me know if there's anything else you would like!

---------------------------------------------------

January 29th 2009
    My second day I went through and did a few small things.

--Theme Modification
    The new "Aero" themes added yesterday were modified so that the "Users Online" on the main screen is displayed on top rather than on bottom, as the Simply_ set of themes had them that was and most users are used to it.

--Smilie Quote Bugfix
    There was a small error, that would occur if a user wrote a post that started with a smiley, and that post was quoted. The first smiley added would not be displayed and show up in BBCode. This has been fixed!

Say if all I posted was the Follow:

If I quoted my post it used to look like this:
    Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    Now with the fix, it will show up like it should.
    --Transparent Site Logos
    With thanks to Brandon (bigs4610) who created the image, we now have a transparent site logo that fits much nicer with our themes and looks gosh darn cool.

--Annnnnnnnnnd......
    Kyle now can select Trailblazer SS as an option for vehicle info user's profiles that are displayed along with their name. His TBSS has a home on G6P now

As always.... report any bugs you might see, or possible improvements. I saw the request about adding "online" and "offine" to each user's post in a thread... I will convince the Jedi council on the issue.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: New Features

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

This guy's done more work in a day than I've done in 6 months.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

opcorn: <-------This one's still not right

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

great job woody!
          ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
          .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Code:
            :popsicle:  :popsicle:  :popsicle:  :popsicle:  :popsicle:
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Now it is!
              I like aero but I'm sure what color to go with yet. Blue and green look the same.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

YAY!!!!!!!!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Code:
                  :popsicle: :popsicle: :popsicle: :popsicle: :popsicle:

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                  .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I'm just not used to the quote and edit buttons being on the top in aero.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                      This guy's done more work in a day than I've done in 6 months.

Thats cuz he and the board are married
                      Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                      I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Comment

Woody, for the new themes... is it feasible to use transparent g6performance.com logos?

I remember a thread that I had made a black, and a white one in....

im sure the photoshop buffs could put together images to match each theme...

just a thought

My progression thread
                          Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                          Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                          In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                          Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                          Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

PROGRESS

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                              I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Working...
                              X