Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered 6 + snow + factory tires

holy hell!!!

getting about 1 mile today to the train station was a task!!

my tires SUCK and i live in chicago so we got much snow fall last night. if i would have stopped i would have gotten stuck.

thinking that i might Unlower the six for the winter...

any thoughts?

Re: Lowered 6 + snow + factory tires

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
    my tires, like most of you, SUCK
    I don't suck.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

get a silverado
      best winter mod ever lol

My progression thread
      Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
      Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
      In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
      Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
      Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Originally posted by scuba264
        I don't suck.
        I didn't think i sucked either

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
        15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
        Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
        Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
        Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

I'm curious to see how my new tires handle in the snow. Last year I had the stock ones on and they were garbage and I slid and got stuck a few times...it was terrible. I have the Firehawk GTs on there now and I hope they'll give me a little more grip.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

I had my Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons last winter and they worked GREAAAT. However they have signifigant less tread left on them this year.. They're 30,000mi tires since they're directional, and I got them around 30,000mi, and I'm almost at 50,000mi, a few hundred short. I'll need new tires by middle-end of the summer.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSedanMan
              I don't suck.
              I didn't think i sucked either
              Where does this guy get off insulting us all like that! Who cares about your tires anyways!?!?!?!

Comment

Okay, fine. I suck then!!!! Are you happy?
                ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

I don't suck.

i did not mean it in any way to be insulting i was saying that my tires suck because they are the stockers and i thought that many of you all had the same problems with your tires in the winters

this was not attacking anyone... sorry if that is theway it sounded

Comment

I think there just kidding with ya.
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

i agree with you

i had that problem last winter just with out that lowering thing

best mod i did to my car BLIZZAKS today i went to turn into my subdidvision and got stuck on the 12 inches+ that were piled there turned off trac control floored adn went right out last winter i had to get dug out

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Comment

Blizzak's on 16's is the way to go during the winter
                          BTW, I work in NYC and it is snowing sooooooo hard right now I can't see the building accross the street

Comment

this was not attacking anyone... sorry if that is theway it sounded
                            Just kiddin bro haha

Does lowering it cause much of a problem? Is it just the obvious reason that in deeper snow you're getting hung up more or is there something I'm not thinkin of?

I'm actually kinda excited to see how my new tires do. Mine were so shitty last season that I sat on a slight grade creeping up the ice while people passed me for like 10 minutes haha. That was a really bad icy day, but my tires definitely weren't helping a thing.

Comment

Does lowering it cause much of a problem? Is it just the obvious reason that in deeper snow you're getting hung up more or is there something I'm not thinkin of?
                              the problem is that the streets dont get plowed and the snow and slush just hits the body and draggs on the undercarage...

when i hear it i shed a tear

Comment

Working...
                              X