This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GB on Guage Faces, Expires Dec 4th

looks like a sweet deal. if i didn't have white faces already i'd probably check out a set of the pearl red ones.

Originally posted by EvolutionOX
    How the hell did you get 240 MPH Speedo to work right? dont you have to adjust the needle or it will show the wrong speed, thinking the faceplate shows stock 140 only?
    it's probably a canadian car with a 240kph speedo.

Comment

no GTP logos?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16

Originally posted by EvolutionOX
        How the hell did you get 240 MPH Speedo to work right? dont you have to adjust the needle or it will show the wrong speed, thinking the faceplate shows stock 140 only?
        it's probably a canadian car with a 240kph speedo.
        Exactly right!

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
        15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
        Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
        Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
        Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

just in case anyone is wondering the CA guages will not wokr on U.S since its a different measurement and if you bought them and left them on mPH it wouldnt read correctly and same if you changed your U.S standard guage and chose the optionf or it to measure in km you would have to reprogram your car.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint

Comment

He can put GTP on it....noooooo problem.
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

is this for g6 gauges only?

sorry, had to ask, thinkin of buying 2 sets from them soon

Originally posted by acxdarlene
              no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

to be part of the GB we simply order through that weblink you posted on the 1st page, right pooners?

Comment

yup...& yes G6 only.

MODS:

Comment

do you think red pearl would look okay, considering the gauges light up red at night.

Comment

ok so these are not stickers. correct?

Show
                      -20% tint

Comment

Alex told me that it was a graphic film.

I do not feel right posting up our coorespondence but here is a small excerp:

That little demonstration really misrepresents our product, the way it is made and the kind of performance that can be expected from it. They fade in one year? That’s ridiculous. Maybe the $25 stickers on ebay fade, I don’t know, but just because we use a graphic film to make our faces does not qualify them as “stickers” in the context that they were being discussed in that thread. There are thousands of types of graphic film, and the type and way they are used makes a huge difference in the way they perform.

Without getting into a long explanation about the steps we take to be sure we make the best truly custom gauge faces, how we test the products and materials we use etc, I can give you much better reason why I know we have a great product that people want and enjoy: they keep coming back. We have been in business for almost 9 years now. We have reseller customers that have been buying from us for more than 6 of those years. People have bought other gauge face products, including the e-bay stickers or products from Speedhut, Nu Image and US Speedo, and then come to use because they could not get what they wanted from those suppliers or they were not happy with the quality. People buy faces from us, then come back a few years later and buy another set for their new car. They send their friends to us. Our faces have been a feature part of dealer upgrade packages on new vehicles. Small companies have come to us many times for small runs of special edition faces that US Speedo or Nu Image wouldn’t do. We have done hundreds of 100% custom designs for resellers and they keep coming back because their customers are happy. I can go on and on.

FWIW, one of the first replies to the original post in that thread was an unsolicited note of support from a former customer,
                        I edited out a name here.

I dont mind buying one and reviewing it for you guys but by the time I do that and it gets here I think the sale may be over.

MODS:

Comment

do u think theyll put OG6 Edition on my gauges?

The Official Silver Bullet Of The SWO....WHA WHAT...!

Comment

They do custom work

go read the site

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                            no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Email him....Here info@blackcatcustom.com

MODS:

Comment

Hi guys!

Thanks for taking the time to check out what we have to offer for custom G6 gauge faces. We are swamped right now , and typically things get busier for us as we go into the holidays, so I may not be albe to spend lots of time on the forum, but someone will be checking daily to be sure we are aware of any questions or issues. PMs will be checked a few times a day. The best way to contact me and get a quick answer is by calling the toll free number on the website. E-mail is fine too, but there will be days when I can't get back to you right away. We'll try to deal with questions of interest to the group or about the product in general here.

The first thing i'd like to clear up is the "sticker" issue. We don't make stickers. The idea behind stickers is that you stick them on top of the stock gauge face. This is a bad idea because the stock face has a matte finish and it's impossible to apply the sticker without leaving some bubbles behind, and eventually, they will blister. For the sake of lighting, stickers really are limited to virtally an exact copy of the stock gauge design so that the light will be albe to pass through. The quality of the stickers themselves will vary depending on the grade of material and the printing process that is used. Some just won't hold up inside a car.

Our faces are made using a graphic film, but we use only high performance films and they are printed using an extrior grade process. The film is printed in a panel, sometimes a few faces at a time, then it's applied to perfectly clean, glass smooth and brand new plastic backing that is prepped for adhesion before the film is applied. This gives a much more reliable bond than stickers on a stock face. An additional protective layer gets applied, then the faces are machine cut from the plastic. For sure, this is an ususal way to make gauge faces, but this is what allows us to offer all kinds of color and design opitions and still be confident that the finished product will last for years. Adhesives and films are used all over the place on cars these days, and if they are used properly, they the life of the car.

About the options for the group buy, the ones that are listed on the special order page are the standard options. If you'd like to have something more personalized, there may be some extra cost, but let me know what you have in mind and I'll let you know what we can do.

For the '07 and up models with the 8k tach, we will add that, but we need to get a gauge cluster first, so that option will follow in a few weeks.

Thanks again guys for giving us a shot!
                                Black Cat Custom Automotive - Custom Gauge Faces
                                www.blackcatcustom.com - MPH Versions
                                www.blackcatcustom.ca - KMH Versions
                                1-866-943-8641

Comment

Working...
                                X