Bodybuilding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bodybuilding!

Still been doing the same stuff as before, running around all day outside and inside for work. Than working out 6 days a week, there are plenty of things to do for cardio other than just running/jogging. I do Krav on wednesdays/saturdays they mix little bit of everything into it but it is still a krav class primarily, on thursdays the teacher is sporadic so I do mma with him when he is there. I just have fun doing the stuff and try to do different stuff all the time. Also don't forget Rest and water are the keystones for getting leaner and or bigger .

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

i wanna add to what was said for you stlouisdave.

He had a lot of good points about keeping your body guessing etc and this is very true. I typically do similar workouts all the time but vary parts of it to throw your body off greatly.

for instance: for my chest workout I always used to just do flat bench cable flies, maybe something else and call it done. now i keep my secondary workouts the same such as flies, pullovers, a couple hammer strength machines etc but for my BIG primary workout of the day, i alternate it monthly. this month I have been doing decline dumbbell presses pyramided. Next month will be INCLINE dumbbell presses as the primary chest exercise.

I'm not denouncing flat bench but if you want the width built, or perhaps your flat barbell bench is plateaued and you need to mix it up. dumbbells will do you a world of difference i promise you that.

I won't get into what workouts to do for each muscle group for one because you already seem to know enough for that, and for 2 because i dont want to and for 3 it DOESNT MATTER. if you have some general workout that you go with, keep it for a while and give those workouts 110% every fucking day. effort and hard work earn muscle, nothing else. as long as your form is solid, and you are doing things that actually work that muscle groups(ie. chest, back, legs) then it really doesn't matter so long as you hit every angle of each of these groups.

Which brings me to my next point. DO NOT work more than 2 correlating muscle groups per day. I see too many people working their whole body every day. this is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. each muscle group (for the most part) should have their own day. I'll just give you my present weekly workout:
      Monday:Chest
      Tuesday: Back and Biceps
      Wednesday: Delts and Triceps
      Thursday: rest
      Friday:Legs

notice that thursday rest. this is the other HUGE misconception. EVERYONE (not literally) thinks that "HEY IF I WORK OUT EVERY DAY THAT MEANS ILL BE BIGGER THAN PEOPLE RESTING AT HOME LIKE LAZY ASSES" -fuck no. over training and under resting is the absolute most terrible thing (next to poor diet) that you can do to waste your work. if your muscles feel so sore that you dont think you can do that day (for instance maybe your chest is too sore on wednesday to even hit shoulders, THEN DONT GO. granted, if you ate right and rested properly, 2 days later for something like chest, you shouldn't be absurdly sore.

as for supplements, i always say, if you dont want to take them, you dont have to. but for your situation, i would probably take at least just whey protein after your workout. that instant nourishment is KEY for your muscles to grow and repair.

Since you aren't like me and dont wanna be the size of Ronnie Rockel or anything, i DO recommend some cardio as stated before. if i were you i would do cardio 2-3 times a week at least.

Also for weight loss, breakfast is KEY. your metabolism is slow from the nights sleep and will just sit there and be slow until you throw something at it to digest. if you dont have time, drink a glass of OJ. that little bit of sugar and vitamins will SPIKE your metabolism and cause your body to start burning quickly and using up reserves. you will notice with just a glass of OJ in the morning that you will literally be hungry faster than if you didn't have anything. controlling that metabolic flow is key to weight loss/gains.

I know this is a shit ton of info but hopefully it helps you. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to PM me. or just post in here some more with questions!!
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

what do you guys change in your routines when you start cutting?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
          what do you guys change in your routines when you start cutting?
          when I start cutting its about changing the diet to low/no carb, and starting with the cardio. also change from any sort of high weight to low weight high rep. it begins to be a tone out and burnout kinda thing. you have to start trimming out whilst trying to maintain the MOST muscles as possible. i know its NOT possible to keep it ALL but the attempt is to keep as most as you can. lots of BCAAS and vitamins but you have to ditch ALL salt and carbs especially at the end. your carb intake should be like 100 per day (depending on weight of course)
          sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

yesterday finally broke 200lbs again. hopefully by the end of marchish i should be at 210 or so
            sigpic

Comment

ok Thanks!

Comment

if anyone needs motivation. i got a shitload of it right here..

sigpic

Comment

Those are some HUGGEE guys damn! haha. Def motivating, I wish I could lift heavy again I strained my back and getting over it still.
                  Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
                  Lowering springs or coilovers.

Comment

bump. how we all doin!?
                    sigpic

Comment

Sticking with it. Doing consistant 6min miles. Strength is up as well as endurance. With the new job coming up, working on the cam swap and helping the family, its hard to make it.
                      But i will stay determined.
                      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

i've started working out again. i've lost 72lbs since january thanks to cardio.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

jesus christ nice work mike. thats a shit load of weight to shed!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've started working out and building muscle again. I had to stop b/c of kidney stones. I've been going religiously and been drinking mass builder shakes once a day. I've gained 10lbs and i'm at the perfect weight i've been wanting. 105lbs. I'm extremely happy with the results so far.
                            2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

nice work. a girl who wants to gain is a rarity.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                                nice work. a girl who wants to gain is a rarity.
                                yeah its very rare lol its so hard to gain it for me
                                2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Working...
                                X