Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I won! I won! I won! I won! (just a little excited.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won! I won! I won! I won! (just a little excited.)

yup I went to the track tonight and I won!

first, heres my best time

I ran a 10.329 @ 69.44mph in the 1/8mile.

As for winning tonight was grudge match bracket racing. Even though I had the slowest car there I (I dialed mine in at 10.40 and all the other cars were in the 7-8 sec range) I matched my guessed time vs actual time the best. So out of the 20-30 or so cars that ran,

I WAS THE WINNER!!!!!!

And this was my 2nd trip to the track and 1st time bracket racing. On one race I guessed a 10.40 and my actual was 10.41. The other guy was like "wtf?! how'd you do that!!"

I improved my time quite a bit. Instead of running in the 10.50-10.70 range I saw consistent 10.30-10.40 times. The only thing different was that this time I did a burnout before each race and heated up my street tires. I still had a little bit of a problem getting traction so I know I can still get better times out of the g6.

Re: I won! I won! I won! I won! (just a little excited.)

just keep at it because there isn't much difference between mine and your cars and im sure you saw my 1/8 time of 10.0 something

Comment

Good job, makes me want to go to the track.
      2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
      Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

Originally posted by midnightG6GT
        just keep at it because there isn't much difference between mine and your cars and im sure you saw my 1/8 time of 10.0 something
        yup and considering the 23hp advantage the LZ4 has over the LX9 thats pretty good.

Comment

ya just keep it up and you'll be there in no time cuz i know i should be under 10 that was my first time and i was very nervous

Comment

nice!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

People with Crabs are winners!!
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by midnightG6GT
                ya just keep it up and you'll be there in no time cuz i know i should be under 10 that was my first time and i was very nervous
                lol i was VERY nervous my first time too, but i ended up doing better the first time i ever went. so i guess i'm just trying to say is don't get your hopes up if you run the same times, it's a slap in the face

NEWBIE! you SOB good job winning

but it says the other guy fouled

EDIT: wait, i'm confuzzzed, why does it say breakout below your name too? your reaction times are not fouls?
                18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr

EDIT: wait, i'm confuzzzed, why does it say breakout below your name too? your reaction times are not fouls?
                  Thats not the winning time actually, thats just the one where I ran my fastest time, although that slip did come from one of the elimination races, so now that you mention I am confused. Anybody able to explain it? I'm still new to the whole drag racing and bracket racing thing.

Comment

Awesome..way to goooo
                    Current Mods: CAI Short Ram K&N filter-Custom Magnaflow exhaust system- Xenon tails and headlights(Light Blue)-Debadged trunk-4 inch exhaust tip-15% Tint Back
                    Future Mods: 18 inch Gtp rims-Vms Tune (Want it BAD!)- Appearance mods

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                      Originally posted by Swampassjr

Thats not the winning time actually, thats just the one where I ran my fastest time, although that slip did come from one of the elimination races, so now that you mention I am confused. Anybody able to explain it? I'm still new to the whole drag racing and bracket racing thing.
                      You won because your opponent red lit first. The common saying in drag racing when it comes to being disqualified is "first or worst". So in your case red lighting is worse than breaking out. Other things that you can be DQ'd for is crossing the starting line when doing a burnout (unless you're in a class that allows burnouts across the starting line), not staging in the time allowed when the other racer has fully staged, crossing the center line or wall during a run, and many tracks will DQ you if you brake excessively during eliminations. In cases where two cars red light, the person who red lit first is DQ'd. In cases where both racers break out during a race, the person who broke out by the least amount is the winner. If both racers break out by the same amount, then the racer who crossed the finish line first is the winner.

Comment

wow there is alot more to it than i knew. good job on the win then!
                        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Working...
                        X