07 GTP vs 06 GTP -results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 GTP vs 06 GTP -results

i raced a guy that's on this forum (i think it's theDale) but he has the F40 strapped to his 3900. We raced 2 times, the 1st time he got the jump on me but i pulled on him and ended up winning. the 2nd time we both launched around the same time and i ended up winning again.

final verdict:
    3.6 has alot more top end and about the same bottom end power vs the 3900

but i also have exhaust and a tune over him so those could be to blame for that too :P

Dale we will have to race again once you have your tune and exhaust! this will be interesting
    18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Re: 07 GTP vs 06 GTP -results

Sounds about right with the extra 5% he's getting for manual.

Comment

well the tune and exhaust will make a massive difference, i really wanna see a race between a fully modded 3.9 vs a fully modded 3.6
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
        well the tune and exhaust will make a massive difference, i really wanna see a race between a fully modded 3.9 vs a fully modded 3.6
        come on push rod

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Well, when all is said and done the 3.6 has a lot more intake valve area than the 3.9 so... The 3.6 will ultimately be far superior.

Comment

Its already been done and on video too.
            07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
            FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
            "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

Where is the video :] ?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbeau
                Where is the video :] ?

Originally posted by 3.6gtp
                Its already been done and on video too.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Makes sense to me. The pushrod with the 4spd is more of an off the line car for down low power. The 3.6L with DOHC and a 6spd auto is a top end engine. Same car, two totally diffrent powerband engines

The best modded 3900 is like 14.5 and best 3.6L modded is like a 14.1 in the 1/4 mile.

Owning both 3.6L and 3900 engines, I think the 3.6L is a nicer all the way around engine then the 3900. The 6spd makes up for so much and helps keep the 3.6L in its high rev power spot.
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                      Makes sense to me. The pushrod with the 4spd is more of an off the line car for down low power. The 3.6L with DOHC and a 6spd auto is a top end engine. Same car, two totally diffrent powerband engines

The best modded 3900 is like 14.5 and best 3.6L modded is like a 14.1 in the 1/4 mile.

Owning both 3.6L and 3900 engines, I think the 3.6L is a nicer all the way around engine then the 3900. The 6spd makes up for so much and helps keep the 3.6L in its high rev power spot.
                      he has the 6spd manual, and off the line (besides the one where he had a better reaction time) we are basically tied for low-end power
                      18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Did the 3900 have a PCM tune also? I just relized that too as you have a PCM tune. If he doesnt then you def win also with no issue and then I am surprised that it the 3900 stuck with a 3.6L tunned.

Sorry took like 2days to say this, had no internet... DSL was down

2013 Mustang GT
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Did the 3900 have a PCM tune also? I just relized that too as you have a PCM tune. If he doesnt then you def win also with no issue and then I am surprised that it the 3900 stuck with a 3.6L tunned.

Sorry took like 2days to say this, had no internet... DSL was down
                          well his best time was a 10.14, and mine was a 9.83 (we are about 4000 feet up)

so ALMOST a half second difference there

Comment

Wow, 1/2 second is huge. Take some work to over come 1/2 second. I am very surprised it was that much on one hand, but the other I know the much more protiential the 3.6L has over the 3900.

2013 Mustang GT
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Wow, 1/2 second is huge. Take some work to over come 1/2 second. I am very surprised it was that much on one hand, but the other I know the much more protiential the 3.6L has over the 3900.
                              until we can bore stroke, polish the whole motor. then displacement will over come

Comment

Working...
                              X