This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-Official Scanner device 0-60 and 1/4 mile times

People have asked me in the past if they can use there Dash Hawks for offical 1/4 mile times. I have had to say NO because they arent offical, many diffrent aspects on the street VS track, IE traction, reaction, light tree timming, real track slip. Since I have recived a Dash Hawk myself I can see how adicting they are and wanting to post your times, so I have made this thread for this. I also mentioned Scanner device as I know theres 1 or 2 other types out there other then Dash Hawk, they are valid too. Anything that plugs into your OBD II system that cant be alterted can be used.

Rules
    Simple, plug in your unit into your OBD II system located under your steering wheel. Set for performance testing and take a picture when test is complete. Safty is #1 here, all pictures must include your drive cluster to show its a G6 and MPH/KPH MUST be a 0! NO exceptions will be made if not at 0 MPH/KPH. We want you to be safe and take a picture at a stop in a parking lot. So please dont run a performance test then take the picture of it while driving down the road. Please list your mods and if possible what the outside temp/IAT sensor says too if possible not required also type of tires and if TC was on or off. Rule Edit Since this is Un-Official and time is with in reason, no pic will be nessasary.

Finally, please OBEY ALL traffic regulation. IE if the speed limit on the road is 45, dont do a 0-60 run or 1/4mile. Enjoy, have fun, and post up!
    Can see pic example below of mine. in next post.

3900 V6s 1/4mile

1) leong6gtp 14.26
    2)
    3)
    4)

3900 0-60 MPH

1) Dre256 0-60 5.81seconds IAT 53F Stock LS2 Tires, PCM-TCM tune, CAB, TC On, GTP Coupe
    2) colinpeddle 0-60 6.01 aprox 60F kumo ku31 tires, gtr exhaust, stage3 CAI, 91 octane PCM tune, Covertable G6 Honor system no pic
    3) grfnkl 0-60 6.76 aprox 45F LS2 tire, TC off Honor system no pic
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

3500 1st Gen 1/4mile and 0-60

1) mike91y2k 0-60 in 6.73 seconds PCM tune, CAI
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

3500 2nd Gen VVT 1/4mile and 0-60

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

2.4L 1/4mile and 0-60

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

3.6L 1/4mile and 0-60

1) Sexy G6 0-60 in 5.47 seconds 1/4 mile in 13.90 @ 101.4
    2) 2007blueg6gtp 0-60 6.12 seconds
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

1/8th mile all engines

1) mike91y2k - 10.01 @ 73.3 mph. 05 GT 3500
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    Last edited by dre256; 06-19-2011, 07:34 PM.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: Un-Official Scanner device 0-60 and 1/4 mile times

0-60.3 mph in 5.81 seconds

IAT was 53 degrees F
    LS2 tires
    PCM-TCM tune
    CAB
    TC on

2013 Mustang GT
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I don't have a picture, actually. I might I'll have a look.

Anyway... Ran a 6.01 last summer when i had my gauge.

At the time, I was tune@91oct, kumo ku31 tires, gtr exhaust, stage3, 200lbs passenger in the car + me and of course, 06 vert . Zero wheel spin. TC was on. I did another one w/ wheel spin and clocked a 5.9 but the first was the most legit one.

You can add it for now if you like to help fill up your list... [frankly picture or not, these numbers are pretty well on the honor system] I'll be running it again this summer w/ pooners o4 and the tranny inserts w/ video camera.

oh.... my elevation is pretty much sea level and the temp was about 60f, no idea what the IAt was.
      The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Thanks colinpeddle!

I did an edit in the rule, since this is Un-Official.... time is with in reason no pic will be nessasary, but its still recomended.

2013 Mustang GT
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Good man....

I do think you need to add that my time is in a vert..

Weight aside, the 3.9 in the vert and the coupe has different timing.

I don't think i warrants a different section, as it would only have one time in it, but i do think it should be added with my specs?

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
            Good man....

I don't think i warrants a different section, as it would only have one time in it, but i do think it should be added with my specs?
            I knew I forgot to add something! 6 seconds flat for a near 4K base vechile is FAST! I never knew the convertable 3900 and coupe has diffrent timming, that helps answer why from the factory there like 20 less HP other then just exhaust causing that

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I don't have a picture and this was a while ago but for a 0-60 in a stock 2006 G6 GTP with the 3900 I did 60.5 mph at 6.76 seconds.

edit: Traction control was off, it was around 45+/- degrees outside. I don't know the IAT, stock LS2 tires... stock windshield wipers... I don't know i can expess the car was STOCK! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                Originally posted by colinpeddle
                Good man....

I knew I forgot to add something! 6 seconds flat for a near 4K base vechile is FAST! I never knew the convertable 3900 and coupe has diffrent timming, that helps answer why from the factory there like 20 less HP other then just exhaust causing that
                The resonator looked like a rolled cigar it was so small. Had to the most restrictive resonator I've ever seen. I'm not sure the differences in the timing, I just recalling noticing it on GM's site one time.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
                  I don't have a picture and this was a while ago but for a 0-60 in a stock 2006 G6 GTP with the 3900 I did 60.5 mph at 6.76 seconds.

edit: Traction control was off, it was around 45+/- degrees outside. I don't know the IAT, stock LS2 tires... stock windshield wipers... I don't know i can expess the car was STOCK! hahaha
                  Its fine

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

DH 1/4 mile 14.26

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Re: Un-Official Scanner device 0-60 and 1/4 mile t

Not my best launch but pretty good for an LX9 with just a tune.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

And in the rain too?
                        Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                        Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                        Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k

Not my best launch but pretty good for an LX9 with just a tune.
                          that's pretty good...i need to get me a dashhawk or something

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                          PSN: racin247
                          Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Been added

Not bad at all just for a tune! Your only .4seconds from a stock GTP that was 3K more!

2013 Mustang GT
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

With intake:

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X