Texas World Speedway Performance Driving School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas World Speedway Performance Driving School

I attended said school this past weekend, and learned a lot about the G6. Im not a big fan of drag racing, and I've been autocrossing for a couple of years with the G6 and I've gotten bored of that. The PDS is held about 10 minutes from Texas A&M (where I go to school), so its nice and close. I was able to work/drive, so I worked a corner flagging on Saturday then drove and received professional instruction on Sunday. Normally its about $200 per day.

The G6 is a heavy mother effer. Its not a great car to take to an autocross, though I have been consistently in top 10 finishes in the 'novice' class beating much more suitable cars. The heaviness isn't as apparent on a full size track. This was also the first time I had to actually worry about oversteer under braking too. The rear tires stay put on a tight auto-x track but at higher track speeds its something to worry about even with our long wheelbase. I was hitting 125 or so on the front straight, and the car never missed a beat. The F40 6 speed manual really just now seems to be braking in for me. My only real problem was brake fade, which I knew would be a problem since it even shows its ugly face at auto-x. Cobalt or Saab brakes should fix this soon. Overall, it was a ton of fun and the G6 honestly surprised a lot of people at the track. Definitely got a lot of "much better than grand am" comments. My favorite part of the day was when I passed a early 2000s Cobra Mustang and a C5 Corvette. One driven by someone very new to racing, and another by an older guy who was being a sissy. Either way, I give myself a

Pictures:
    I was number 39 for 3.9L

Front straight

180 * decreasing radius turn entry

Here Cobra cobra cobra....

This shows how off-camber this turn entry is. Very easy to induce oversteer and end up in the dirt. Stabilitrack was nice to have.

Here Im about to get passed by a GTO with a complete Holden Monaro conversion.

Everyone should give this a shot if you have some tires you want to ruin. Its a blast.
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Re: Texas World Speedway Performance Driving School

looks like a lot of fun.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

awesome man. looks like alot of fun. i wish i could do that
      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by G6cpM6
        Someone couldn't drive for shit. Guess they didn't know that turn was there!

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

nice i would love to do that one day. looks like alot of fun, i have 2 places i can go, one is world famous, willow springs. its about an hour from me

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I wanna do it!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
              nice i would love to do that one day. looks like alot of fun, i have 2 places i can go, one is world famous, willow springs. its about an hour from me
              Willow Springs would be great, but their schools are probably ridiculous expensive. It is an awesome track though.
              '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
                Someone couldn't drive for shit. Guess they didn't know that turn was there!

Its a decreasing radius turn, where it needs to be extremely late apexed. If you don't start wide like that, you're slow. Most guys who were in really fast cars were riding the outside edge until half way through the turn.
                '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                  looks like a lot of fun.
                  ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                  .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Anyone in any car really can do this. If you have an automatic you might have to worry about it overheating, but then again maybe not. I dunno.
                    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I want to take my truck out there!
                      Looks like hella fun!

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                      no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                        Willow Springs would be great, but their schools are probably ridiculous expensive. It is an awesome track though.
                        yah they do have an awesome track, never scoped out the pricing, but i know they have a thing where they will teach u how to handle ans really drive ur car. and is full limitation

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                        X