• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Design Ideas for Shirts.

Yup! Was waiting for photobucket to let me upload them
    Here's the front with the G6performance.com
    My buddy kind of pushed me on the font.

It's the Ferrari font with something else making up the G6:

The back I added my screen name. He talked me into this font as well, I figured why not since I'm just trying to figure out how it all works and such.

We had some issues while cutting so the C got a little messed up and so did the G on the front.

And as you can see, the outlined G6 looks worse off then before. I haven't even washed it yet and it's cracking and looking crappy already. So I'll have to find something better...
    Last edited by CruisinG6; 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Also I was cutting vinyl to put all over my car for a road rally a mutual friend is throwing.
      In the processes I made some G6Performance.com stickers to put under my door numbers, and my buddy had the idea to do a dual layer with a different color under it, Here's the result:

Comment

That sticker looks great! nice job.

Comment

So I'm looking at getting more vinyl to try more designs and pressings.

Does anyone have any ideas on what Font I should try using?
          You can check out dafont.com for a bunch of different styles and such.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
            Also I was cutting vinyl to put all over my car for a road rally a mutual friend is throwing.
            In the processes I made some G6Performance.com stickers to put under my door numbers, and my buddy had the idea to do a dual layer with a different color under it, Here's the result:
            I want that sticker for a window decal.
            Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Eycman, I'm sure we can figure something out

So I think I finally found a reliable source for blank t-shirts and hoodies.

What I need from all of you are some colors, What do you think would be the best combos. Like what color shirts or hoodies, and what color lettering and such. The possibilities are endless but I want to press some things and get them out for some testing and such.

Comment

Alright everyone, due to the scheduling conflicts between my buddy and myself I decided to get my own machine for this vinyl work. I placed the order and am expecting it soon, this allows me to do it all without having to wait for anyone else, which can be a pain.
                I ordered some more sample swatches with different patterns to see how they look and how it comes out:

As you can see, I have some Metallic Red, White n Blue Camo, Green Glitter Flake, and some Gold Engine Turn, which will catch the light and look flashy at times.

I plan to cut those and see how they work out.
                I think I finally decided on a site for blank shirts and hoodies, both zip-up and pullover.

At this point it doesn't seem beneficial to place a bulk order of blank clothing, But I can place the orders as people show interest.

If anyone wants to try a shirt let me know, Send me a PM and we can discuss the details.
                Essentially what I need to know is what you want, A hoodie or a shirt, What base color, and what color lettering, along with what design of lettering. I can pretty much make anything your heart desires.

After receiving the PM with what you want, I can find the exact pieces and quote a price on what that would run. I'll pretty much just be looking to cover the cost of the materials for that shirt, Since this is a new venture for me I'm not really worried about profit just yet. I'm more worried about putting out a quality product that will withstand the normal use and not be a piece of garbage.
                Because honestly, who wants to buy a shirt that won't last at all?

If no one is interested just yet that is fine, Once I receive my cutter I can cut more designs and ideas and press them all to that white shirt I showed earlier.
                Obviously pictures of the finished product will help instill confidence in these shirts coming out very well.

ALSO! Any other ideas for designs of colors or anything else, please don't hesitate to post! I'm open to all ideas, Since I'm getting my own cutter I'll try and cut ANYTHING, unlike my friend who doesn't believe in possibilities, haha

I liked Lampoons idea with the tire treads, but I recently came up with an idea of a G6 somewhat skidding sideways with smoke wisps coming off the back. I plan to draw up more ideas once I get a little more free time.

Comment

If you need some funds to help with raw material costs through R&D let me know and id be happy to donate some. I would love something made up when you feel good about the product but dont want it to die before you get there. If it gets to that point just post and im sure others would feel the same as I.
                  2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Comment

Funds aren't really that big an issue for R&D I can get shirts and hoodies one at a time and do some test batches that way.
                    Would you guys feel better about it if I made a few first, then offered them for sale, complete with pics and all?

Since I'm just waiting on the cutter to come in, I can cut some of these designs with the vinyl I have now and press them to the shirt I have to see how it lasts. I put that shirt I pictured above through some test paces already, the transfer method I used for the car outline doesn't look like it'll last, but the vinyl looks pretty durable and sits through the washer and dryer pretty well.

I plan to cut out the G6 outline and other designs with the vinyl as well to see how it comes out and sits.

Once the plotter comes in I'll press a bunch more stuff to that one shirt, take pics, and post for all of you to see.

I don't just want to collect money for R&D without giving you guys something in return. Maybe it'll work out better if I press a few first then see where it goes.

One reason I'm leaning far towards this vinyl work is because my buddy got a bunch of vinyl pressed shirts and hoodies made for his business, and so far they've been lasting through quite a bit of abuse (he does wheel repair, so they see a lot of sanding dust and washing cycles)

Comment

sending you a PM
                      2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                        Eycman, I'm sure we can figure something out

So I think I finally found a reliable source for blank t-shirts and hoodies.

What I need from all of you are some colors, What do you think would be the best combos. Like what color shirts or hoodies, and what color lettering and such. The possibilities are endless but I want to press some things and get them out for some testing and such.
                        Sorry man been hitting and missing the site lately due to shit happening at work. with the holiday season here I have been having a lot of inmates either threatening to commit suicide, attempting suicide, or attempting to cut me each time I go to count. looks good so far what kind of cutter did you order and did it come with any pc software to use for design ideas?
                        Last edited by Eycman; 12-23-2012, 02:40 AM.
                        Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

I got the same graphtec cutter my friend purchased, it's a smaller 12" cutter but should be plenty for what I need.
                          and it does come with software for vector drawings and such, What's really nice is pretty much anything I do in photoshop can be worked into that program to make it all work and come together.

Also I know we're getting close to these getting out, I'm still a little on the fence with the fonts I used for my test shirt. I want something that looks good yet compliments nicely with each other.
                          I'll see if I can do a bunch of test fonts and post them to see what you guys think.

Also Ecyman I'm sorry you have to deal with all that crap, hopefully nothing too serious goes down and puts a damper your holidays

Comment

Alright, sorry for the long wait. the hard drive failed in my laptop and I lost nearly everything. I've been slowly rebuilding everything to get back to running, Primarily software. I've already replaced everything else on this laptop, about time the hard drive went. ha
                            I finally got some cuts done and have been gauging everything. I don't think the original idea would last very long on a shirt, Though there is still the ink transfer method I could try.
                            But with vinyl I think I can weed it different and press the full pieces to the shirt, they'll be bigger and hopefully last on the clothes longer.
                            Here's a sample sheet I just cut:

(This is missing a few pieces because I was weeding it a little too fast)

So with it cut out like that you get the outline of the car, but instead of ONLY the outlines, you get all the panels. I can tweak it any way to see fit.

What do you guys think of doing it this way??

I did do a test press to a shirt with the gold turned vinyl, Looks alright but I won't be using that vinyl design on a light colored shirt again. ha

\

Also I can weed it out how I'd like, Here's two thoughts...

What do you guys think??
                            Last edited by CruisinG6; 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

looks just like your car..
                              g6 gtp with a 3.6l vvt...tinted all the way around, custom upper/lower grill inserts, 8000k hid low beams, 10000k hid fogs, red brake calipers, custom engine cover silver flame stripes and icon outlines, led interior dome and map lights, red neon lights under dash and back seats, audiobahn 10" powered sub, crabs, racingline stb, grounding kit, mmi's, 91 wams tune, silver eyelids, resonator delete and magnaflow muffler with magnaflow tips, gtp windshield banner, larger custom made g6 performance decal on back window and custom front lip

Comment

That's by design, just for mock up purposes. Its actually the first picture in my sig, haha. I don't plan on using my car for the shirts and hoodies that go out.

Comment

Working...
                                X