FentonDude Progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FentonDude Progression

I've been working on the car for a few months, painfully slowly, but I have a few upgrades finished, and a few more in the works.
    I guess it's time I started listing them.
    Done-
    Debadge except the Darts
    Intake resonator delete
    Honda Civic Short Ram CAI mod
    Chevy Equinox engine cover
    Olds Alero rear spoiler install
    1" Spacers
    18x8 Tomason TN1 wheels
    225/45/18 Sumho tires
    Racingline Strut Tower Bar
    Full leather seat swap with mods to include side airbags

Pending
    Eibach springs
    Koni struts/shocks
    Reso Delete
    OEM mudflaps (since I don't have the funds for the Razzi body kit I really want)

Future
    Brembo upgrade
    Cat-Back
    WAMS tune
    BMD End links
    Tie rods
    Tapshift/paddle shift upgrades

One thing I know upfront, Considering I have the 2.4, it will never be a fast car, and I do not have the funds to make it all pretty as a show car.
    But, it will be a fun, nimble little daily driver.
    Last edited by FentonDude; 11-03-2015, 02:05 PM.
    My progression page Clicky

Re: FentonDude Progression

Welcome! i used to live in St. Charles, maybe we can meet up sometime when i come to visit family.
    What school did/do you go to?

I would love to see some pictures! The civic intake mod i and interested to see.

Comment

Post some pics!
      What year is your g6?
      The 2.4 is the same one on the cobalt. They have pretty good aftermarket support as a result.
      If yours is pre 2007 then I believe you have stronger internals. Than the newer ones such as my 09.

A tune alone really wakes up the 4 banger and trans.

Comment

tylertlc-
        Here's a shot of the Civic ram mod-

The piping was from eBay, like This One. You have to cut about 6" off the pipe to make it fit, and get (If I remember correctly) 4"-3.5" reducer couplings, since the filter box and TB connections are smaller than the piping.
        The filter box has a drop-in K&M. I expect zero performance boost from this one. The whole reason I even added it was so I could ditch the OEM engine cover and use the Equinox cover. I can't stand popping the hood and seeing nothing but a giant plastic rectangle.
        As for schools, I went to SCHS. Graduated in '78, LOL

CruisinG6- I have the 2009.5, not a lot I can do without some serious rebuilding.
        Last edited by FentonDude; 11-04-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Cintered rods sure, but it can still handle low boost. I read something like 7psi as being safe. I was thinking of going 5psi myself.

An intake, some port polish maybe and long tube headers along with a tune would make it way more livable.
          I just have an intake and tune and it's way better than stock.
          I know because I flashed back to my stock tune for a winter, but after 2 weeks I couldn't take it being slower and more laggy

Comment

@FentonDude

I realized that you are probably much older than me after i hit post, lol

I would never be able to pull off that kind of intake setup being that i have the LX9.

Comment

Yeah, I'm an old fart, LOL.
              That intake mod was something I found here on the forums, just useful for us guys with the 2.4, since it's almost impossible to find a CAI for the 4-bangers.

Comment

Look for a Cobalt intake.

Comment

Working...
                X