Subwoofer Box to big for trunk! HELPPP :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer Box to big for trunk! HELPPP :(

Hello, I have a 35 inch X 14 1/2 inch box and it wont go in the trunk.
    There's the carpet which im going to take up and the spare and there's these stupid bracket things that have no purpose so im going to remove those from the body but any tips?
    Anything would be better than nothing

Re: Subwoofer Box to big for trunk! HELPPP

I have a Rockford Fosgate enclosure in mine and I think that is about the biggest one that can fit in these trunks. The dimensions on mine are 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75" (38.4cm x 86cm x 40cm). For mine, I had to strip the trunk out; remove the carpet and the spare as well as remove the metal long bolt that keeps the spare down. Then I played around with it and finally got it in using the empty wheel well and on an angle. At least I know there wont be any theft issues with it because you can't get it out unless you take everything out again lol.
    sigpic
    Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

I finally got the thing in last night, I removed the tire and removed the top because it wouldn't go in..
      Now I just gotta screw the top back on somehow lol

now the hard part is getting the spare back in and the carpet..

And the theft, if I was gonna steal it, I wouldn't put much effort in trying to get a stupid box lol. to much xD

Comment

So 2 15s won't fit in the g6 sedan. I've been looking everywhere to find an answer. The box is 17inch by 38inch.

Comment

Play with the angle of how the subs sit in the box. That could help

Comment

I made a custom box 41cmX17cmx14cm and I was able to work it in. It's right but angles got it. I did do some fancy stuff that angled the subs which may have helped idk
            I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Working...
            X