remove bumper cover questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove bumper cover questions

Sorry for lot of questions but this is final one for now.

Do you have any write up for how to remove the bumper?

I would also need to remove the fog light grilles, grilles and arrowhead. So I can save those good parts to give body shop to install after the new paint job. This bumper have damage so that's why I'm going to remove them. Hopefully, it is should be easy job like plastic clip or bolts either. After that I should have no problem install new primer bumper.

Re: remove bumper cover questions

EvoOX wrote a nice How-to:
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=21089

Uppers
    viewtopic.php?t=1233

Lowers, remove the plate bracket (mine was held with rivets, so I forced the grille through), then use a blade to separate the tape holding the grille to the bumper. Several tabs hold it down, just give it a little yank and it should break free. You'll need some new moulding or acrylic tape to stick the grille on the new cover.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

you dont have to take off the license plate bracket if you have one to get the lower grills out.

i would take the bumper off first. then from the back side of it take tape loose and clips on the lowers. the uppers there is a how to for

the fog lights are held in by clips also, so once you have bumper off you will be able to get them off easily. if you are having shop take off bumper, they should do all this for you. if you are doing it and putting it on (which is easy by the way) then use the steps above

Comment

Awesome. It is pretty much same way as 2003 my grand prix rear/front bumpers removed before.

I will remove plate bracket too. We will throw damage bumper away.

remove plate bracket (done that before during wax job)
        remove lower grilles (check)
        remove upper grilles (check)
        remove bumper cover (check)

Now what is about huge Pontiac arrowhead? Is it from 3M tape?

He will order this new parts next week. It should be good hopefully. It will be gm direct part. He like it much better than body shop cost.

Comment

I think the front arrow has little tabs that go through the bumper if I'm not mistaken

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
            I think the front arrow has little tabs that go through the bumper if I'm not mistaken

you are correct sir. 2 of them offset from each other

Comment

Thank you. I think I'm ready to do that remove/install job but gm direct part have problem for find part # for this bumper. We don't want order ugly gxp front bumper.

Comment

When I stripped mine down I didn't have any holes or clips holding in the pontiac emblem. My foglights wouldn't come out for the life of me either. Paint in the ass... got it done though.
                2006 Pontiac G6 GT with Panoroof

Comment

Look like I'm not going to replace this.

Gm direct part want $170 shipping for this bumper.
                  Also, $80 shipping for headlight

The price is darn good cheap but shipping cost is NUT!

So it will be carstar body shop which it is very cheapest than Pontiac dealership. I guess we will see how it going later.

Comment

Working...
                  X