Putting The Gt-R on the vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting The Gt-R on the vert

Hey if there's anybody who has a G6 convertible and is thinking about getting it, dont hesitate! The hardest part is getting the old one off cuz its all in one piece. The GT-R adds so much power(13 hp) and sound because its pipes are so much bigger in diameter, but there's still enough back-pressure because the muffler only allows airflow out of one side if its under a certain rpm. I havent checked this out, but when i took the old one off, if almost seemed heavier so even the stainless GT-R could show a little bit of weight reduction.

Extra Supplies Needed for the vert: 17 stainless steel washers and Silicone Grease
    First step: lift up car and take off the back 2 x braces. The G6 has 3, the big one in the middle and the smaller one in the rear will have to be taken off for the project.
    2nd: take off old exhaust
    3d: Put Silicone grease on the two rubber hangers the exhaust hangs on. Also, put silicone grease on every bolt that you took off when removing the x braces. Silicone grease makes it easier to take off the exhaust from the hangers in the future.
    4th: put the GT-R on piece by piece paying special attention to its proximity to the gas tank
    5th: Hold the x brace back in position and see how many washers are needed on each part(notice the exhaust on the G6 comes around the left side, so you have to put more on the left side)
    This is the crucial part in the process because you will get a buzzing sound when driving which is metal to metal contact if you dont use enough washers. I used 16 stainless washers. The vert. has 3 x-braces on it, one in the front, a big one in the middle and a rear one. You will only need to take off the back two x braces. Here is the setup of washers needed if you were looking at the farthest back x brace: 2 in front left, 1 in front right, 5 in the back left(I used 4 but it might not be enough) and 1 or none in the back right. The BIG x brace in the middle will need washers on that plate in the center with those triangles cut out. The farthest back two areas on the plate will need 3 washers on the left and 3 on the right. The next two areas will need one 1 washer on each side.
    6th: I didnt do this because i didnt know, but put a tank of 93 octane after putting the GT-R on to break it in better.

It took my dad and me 2 and a half hours, but if we had to do it again we could do it in about an hour. Classic Performance did a really good job on this one
    P.S. I dont have a camera and I dont plan on buying one just to post pictures so sorry, but please dont do that thing where its "Pics or STFU", its annoying

Re: Putting The Gt-R on the vert

opcorn: wait for it, wait for it.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
      opcorn: wait for it, wait for it.
      yeah. were all them pics at?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

andy

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

srsly this is the internet.

edit...if u forgot to take pics...do it again....

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3

edit...if u forgot to take pics...do it again....

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3

Comment

Is this even a How-To?

Comment

if it is, i would say its the worst how-to ever done, no step by step details and the lack of pics

Comment

haha no kidding, I'd have my exhaust sawed off and be staring at this how-to like "Wtf, i need washers? Where?"

Comment

Washers only apply to the vert.
                          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

G6redline, thank you for posting the how to. Those that have a convertible will find this information very useful, regardless of no pictures. Don't listen to these knuckleheads with their negative comments.

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                              Washers only apply to the vert.
                              My bad
                              Not bright enough to know these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X