loom question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loom question

ok so im looking to change out the boring black loom for some pretty colored loom.... wondering if anyone else has done it and if so what size they used and how much they bought

Re: loom question

Maybe it's just me... but what exactly is a loom on a car? I've never heard of this before.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
      Maybe it's just me... but what exactly is a loom on a car? I've never heard of this before.
      I wasn't gonna say anything either but I have no clue too
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

it's the plastic stuff that wraps all the wiring...
        2008 GT Coupe

Originally posted by jgarcia05
        Damn, you cought me....he is rather handsome....

Comment

I've seen someone do it in red. Jake I think did it.

Comment

i picked up some red wire loom a couple of months ago and did basically my whole engine bay. I think it was like 4 bucks for like 10 ft of it.

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              on both of u, loom, is for wire loom

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                on both of u, loom, is for wire loom[/quote

I'll be honest I never heard of it. I always thought it was flexible plastic tubing.

Comment

its caled "split loom tubing" but anyways...

you need a couple different diameters to do all the wiring... just look at the black and buy stuff thats the same size....

it is very inexpensive....
                  2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

thanks for the pix..but what size did you use??

Comment

its one size fits all, and its cheap stuff like $2 / 10 ft at autozone. It has a split on one side and you just slip it around the wire in question. My bay has blue loom in it, pics sometime in the future...

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
                      Originally posted by shi-fu
                      Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Originally posted by stahlight
                        its one size fits all, and its cheap stuff like $2 / 10 ft at autozone...
                        their are actually different diameters you can bye. Its all crazy cheap... I think that they increase in 1/4 inch increments.
                        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Yes some nice red should set it off nicely
                          Mods-Smoked tails and eyelids ,Crab Intake, Nokya 7000k hi's low's and 2500k yellow fogs , Dupli-color painted red calipers and black rims , custom paintd interior trim and enginebay covers ,red looms,white gauge overlays,low-front lip spoiler, debagged , led's and neons inside . Soon to come - Tuning and exhaust !!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3059626

Comment

hmm an inexpensive way to pretty up the engine bay...

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                            PSN: racin247
                            Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

um..negative on the red...red is um...played out... i gots to be different

Comment

Working...
                              X