Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about changing the fog light bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about changing the fog light bulbs?

Hey, im new to this forum just gettin my car about a couple months ago. Now its summer so ive got time to mess with it.

I want to do the blue headlight look, but i dont want to pay for HID's. I also want to have the fog's the same look as the headlights. Silverstars arent really 'blue' theyre just really white. Theres a site, http://www.luminicsbulbs.com that i have been told makes really good stuff and im trying to get an answer out of them if the Pure Blue bulbs they make will be offerered in H11.

My question is does anybody think that by putting a hotter bulb, 6000K over i believe 4500-5000K stock, will melt the fog light housing or cause any other issues?

that is if they have the H11's available.

Thanks
    -John
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

i have these http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...oducts_id=1243 there are no issues.. i also have them as low beams.. but they are REALLY blue and if you dont adjust them you wont be able to see anything..
    Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

ALOT of people are running Noyka I know I have for a long time and love the look... I got mine from automotivelightingusa.com as well!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thanks guys,
        brandon, what do you mean by adjusting them? like with the screws at the top of the headlight?

thanks
        -John
        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

we who have changed them needed to adjust the headlight aim down a bit or else the Noykas seem to be in the trees. Its an allen key that sits righ at the top of the housing, also if you change your fogs you'll have to raise them up some. If you look right above the foglight from the front of the car you'll see a little hole for an allenkey!

Comment

Mine have a blue tinge to them, and I got them from http://www.hoenusa.com

I'm really happy with how they look - almost xeon-like
            Originally posted by colinpeddle
            They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
            That here, by G6er law, we lie
            Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
            THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

i had to adjust mine up.. i couldnt see jack they were like dead on the road infront of me..

How to

fogs

and to do the lows/highs park next to a wall and turn your lights on and move the little brass loking thing back and forth to see which way is up and down..

Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

Uhhh.. 6000k vs. 4000k will not melt the housings. It's just the colour temperature and doesn't actually affect the temperature of the bulbs.

Just make sure that you get the right sized bulb.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

They lower the number (4000k) the white the light, the higher the bluer untill eventually its like purple unless I have that backwards haha. But all you need to know is to have the light wattage be 55/100 for the H11's

Comment

They lower the number (4000k) the white the light, the higher the bluer untill eventually its like purple unless I have that backwards haha. But all you need to know is to have the light wattage be 55/100 for the H11's
                    yeah that is correct noah. 10k-12k starts to turn purple...12k especially. 4100-4300k is what most OEM HIDs run. 3000k is yellow, usually used for fog lights if that is the look you are going for.

Comment

thanks everyone i really appreciate the help. I think im gonna go with the ones brandon suggested. they are the luminics bulbs, but for some reason luminics doesnt sell them directly from their site thats why i couldnt find them. ill probably order them tomorrow and have them in asap.

oh and just to make sure, the fogs and the low beams are both H11's right?

Later
                      -John
                      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Yes they are.. if you order from like http://www.automotivelightingusa.com early you would more then likely have them in like 2 days, just in time for the weekend.

Comment

awesome dude thanks im doin it right now!
                          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

ordered the lights last night hopefully they will be in by the weekend.
                            ill do pics of before/after.

Later
                            -John
                            '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I bought the luminics H11 hyper white lows..

they look awesome!!!

EDIT:
                              And i forgot to add-- My boyfriend has the Nokya's in his truck.. and I would recommend them as well

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Working...
                              X