This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonic Engine Balancer

awhile back i got a card from the Pontiac Recall Notice...about the seating of the harmonic engine balancer...and to get it replaced for free at my local GM shop...have any of you had the same???

Its a recall to ensure that the Dampner is seated properly, It does not need replacement. Just needs to be retorqued.

Customer Satisfaction - Engine Harmonic Balancer Not Seated #05548B - (Aug 2, 2005)
    05548B -- Engine Harmonic Balancer Not Seated

2005 Chevrolet Uplander

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6

2005 Buick Terraza

2005 Saturn Relay

2005-2006 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx

2005-2006 Pontiac G6

2006 Buick Rendezvous

THIS BULLETIN IS BEING REVISED TO ADD 2005 CHEVROLET UPLANDER; PONTIAC MONTANA SV6, BUICK TERRAZA; SATURN RELAY, 2005-2006 CHEVROLET MALIBU, MALIBU MAXX; PONTIAC G6 AND 2006 BUICK RENDEZVOUS MODEL VEHICLES. PLEASE DISCARD ALL COPIES OF 05548A.

THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL AUGUST 31, 2006.
    Condition

Certain 2005 Chevrolet Uplander; Pontiac Montana SV6; Buick Terraza; Saturn Relay; 2005-2006 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx; Pontiac G6 and 2006 Buick Rendezvous model vehicles, equipped with a 3.5L V6 (RPO LX9 - VIN L [trucks], VIN 8 [cars]) engine, may have a condition in which the engine harmonic balancer is not completely seated. An engine harmonic balancer that is not completely seated may cause crankshaft key failure. Crankshaft key failure will cause damage to the sprocket and timing gears, cylinder head and valves, pistons and residual internal engine damage. All of these failures may lead to engine repair or replacement.

IMPORTANT: This program will expire on August 31, 2006.
    Correction

Dealers are to retorque the harmonic balancer bolt.
    Colin.
    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
    90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

why have I not hear about any of these that everyone is talking about, I've never received any letters or anything!!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yep I had mine taken care of when I had my air dam replaced

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          why have I not hear about any of these that everyone is talking about, I've never received any letters or anything!!
          Does not apply to all vehicles. Depends on the VIN#. Not all G6's will need this done.

Vehicles affected are within these vin breakpoints:
          2005 G6: 54142346 to 54182354
          2006 G6: 64100071 to 64113430

See if the last 8 of your vin falls within that breakpoint.
          Colin.
          06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
          90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

i never got a letter either but when i was at my local dealership having some warranty work done they told me that they went ahead and did it, i didnt even know till i came to pick it up.

Comment

"vehicles, equipped with a 3.5L V6"

Only for those who have the 3.5L
              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I'm gonna have to run outside and check my VIN, hopefully the numbers don't fall between those! *crosses fingers*
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

WOW I just missed the break, last 8 of mine are 64213784

Comment

Working...
                  X