Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox Installation in a Malibu SS

Sup y'allz,

Dang, it's been a "hot minute" since I posted! Just to let y'all know, I plan to install Dr. Speeds (thanks again Kyle) Airbox this weekend. I will be sure to include pics and results as well! On top of that my wheels are commin' in too (18 x 8.0 Konig Theories in Graphite) . I will post pics of them in the wheels section.

Anyways, I'll keep y'allz posted!

I apologize for the blurry pic. This is the only pic I have so far, which is from my buddy's digi cam....mine is broke. It fits perfect, but the bolt mounts are the opposite. The G6 mounts from the top left to bottom right of the air box. I had to use zip ties to anchor the box. However, it fits snug and tight without any rattles. Good product, and I absolutely love it!!!!!!!! :warped:
    Benny
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3162767

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Are you one of the people who won on a long time ago?

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

No, I bought my like two months ago. It would've been dope to win one tho!
      I juss never had a chance to install the thing yet or do anything to my ride. This weekend is suppose to be nice, and I am finally free to do ish.

Edit: BTW, ur interior is really nice and tastefully done!
      Benny

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

Where in Ypsi are you, I pass by everyday to AA. I would love to stop by and see the install of your airbox. We need to get in touch. I want to know where you go the tint at?
        2006 Malibu Maxx SS with Mobil1 badge and oil cap

"ZeroRTized" manifold

Comment

Originally posted by Zerort
          Where in Ypsi are you, I pass by everyday to AA. I would love to stop by and see the install of your airbox. We need to get in touch. I want to know where you go the tint at?
          I live in Ypsi township and I work in AA too! Anyways, a few of my buddies are going to work on cars this Saturday. However they live in Romulus.

As for the tints, I went to AMERISTAR Autofitters in Redford, MI. They did my Bu and my buddies tints on his Forrester as well. My buddy was the one who referred me. IF you decide to go there talk to Chad, he will take care of you.

If you have any more questions regarding this Saturday, or a phone number for the tint place, just PM me. I hope this helps.
          Benny

Comment

Updated and edited!! Look up!
            Benny

Comment

By the looks of it, your friends camera is broken too

J/K, looks real good. I like the blue matching.

Comment

I had the bad case of the shakes, when taking that pic. haha. I agree the blue looks damn good in the Bu's hood.
                Benny

Comment

Looks good!! reminds me of mine.. gotta love color coordination

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Malibu SS CAB install

HI! I received the CAB (Thanks Kyle) and have a couple questions on the brackets and trimming the box to fit next the the AC line behind the headlight.

I know there was a thread that dealt with some minor differences with the engine bay of Malibu 3.9L vs G6 but couldn't find it. Anyone? Thanks in advance
                    Jason
                    06 Maxx 3.9L

Comment

Way cool Benny! It's great that you were able to fit the CAB under your hood. Yours is the first pic I've see with the blue neoprene. Looks awesome. You're gonna love the gains. :smoke:
                      SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                      CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Working...
                      X