Doublesided tape for lower grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doublesided tape for lower grille

I tried using some regular double-sided tape to install my lower grilles, but it's not working very well. Is there a specific type of tape that I should be using?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Doublesided tape for lower grille

What do you mean by regular? just paper thin?
    I know theres some tape out there that is thin... like about as thin as packaging tape. You should be alright with some 3M automotive double sided tape

Looks like this, and its got a foamy cushin center to help adhere to not so even surfaces. Works great

My progression thread
    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Regular tape as in carpet tape. :P

I'll go and get some of those. Thanks!
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Make sure you clean the area with wax remover so the tape adhears to the body well. The 3M tape should work fine.

Comment

Well I'm sure there's no wax on those contact points, since that's where the original grille is stuck onto.

But thanks for the tip.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by bigs4610
            What do you mean by regular? just paper thin?
            I know theres some tape out there that is thin... like about as thin as packaging tape. You should be alright with some 3M automotive double sided tape

Looks like this, and its got a foamy cushin center to help adhere to not so even surfaces. Works great
            Thats what OEM uses. Not the foamy stuff. Its called Acrylic double sided Tape by 3M. It comes in different widths.
            The foam stuff is different.
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

yea the foam stuff is cheaper. I should have worded it differently. Its kind of mushy feeling, kind of foam, kind of not.... you get me lol
              The foam stuff has a green and white pattern on it, not red.

the acrylic tape is far superior. Dont be confused by my pooost!

My progression thread
              Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
              Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
              In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
              Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
              Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Working...
              X