G6 Alignment Settings ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Alignment Settings ??

I think this is the place to ASK if any one knows (who has a service /shop manual), what the alignment spec. tolerances are ??

Toe, Camber, Caster

My car is not tracking well, wants to wander and steering correction is required most all the time.
    Also, is the rear alignable?
    I have some some alignment settings that work well, but need to know the range (tolerances) of the settings.

I will take it to the dealer (maybe) for alignment.

Thanks for your help.
    Later,
    Don ruckmn@comcast.net
    2006 G6 GTP Convertible
    2005 Ford Focus Wagon
    1996 Dodge Viper RT/10

you can try PMing Toyz, i know he had his aligned like 2 days ago and he may be able to dig up the specs again.

Comment

ruckman i got the front end for ya :smoke: Sorry i can not help out with the rear.. These are the specs for my 05 g6 gt.. Not sure if it is different for any other 6er.
      Caster:
      mininum~ -2.35
      Preferred~ -3.1
      Max~ -3.85
      Camber Left:
      mininum~ -1.85
      Preferred~ -1.10
      Max~ -.35
      Camber Right:
      mininum~ -1.35
      Preferred~ -.60
      Max~ -.15
      Toe:
      mininum~ 0
      Preferred~ .10
      Max~ .20
      All measurements are in degrees
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Toyx,

Camber Left:
        mininum~ -1.85
        Preferred~ -1.10
        Max~ -.35
        Camber Right:
        mininum~ -1.35
        Preferred~ -.60
        Max~ -.15
        Thanks for the help, but the numbers are confusing, especially the camber difference where the right is about 1/2 the left.
        Did you have it weight aligned for one person, the driver only?
        I would have preferred, I think, to see the Camber in the area of negative .5 to negative .7. Normally a negative 1.1 camber might be a bit severe for street tire wear.
        Are you happy with this alignment?
        Did the dealer do it?

What am I missing here, where the Max and Min differ from side to side?

Thanks again for the tolerances.

Later,
        Don ruckmn@comcast.net
        2006 G6 GTP Convertible
        2005 Ford Focus Wagon
        1996 Dodge Viper RT/10

Comment

sometimes camber is used to offset for road crown, though i would prefer to do it with castor instead. although i would think the camber should be slightly more negative on the right side for road crown, not the left. so i dunno what is going on there lol.

Comment

That is as spec as it was given to me straight from the software the shop was using. When we recieved that info (me and my buddy) it also looked a lil strange to us. But that is what i used and the car drives as straight as an arrow and i have noticed no extra tire wear. I duno.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
            X