First Time over 120mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time over 120mph

First time I've driven a car at 128-129 miles per hour. It was such a rush, and did not take as long as one would expect :P . I would have kept into it to see what more she had, but I'm not sure what the stock tire speed rating is, probably an H or something. Bah, ok ok that was not the reason I didn't keep going, my girlfriend told me to slow down, and I must admit I had closed the gap from one pack of traffic to the next very quickly That was fun. Wonder what would happen once the speedo hit 140!!

....And no I don't have pics for those that call and

Re: First Time over 120mph

I've had 'er up there too. Got a bit squirrely I thought, but it gets there fast

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Do you have the Potenza 050A's, Tommy?

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

aftermarkat tune?? Mine tops out at 118 - 119 mph, I checked lol.

tunes do alter the governor numbers right??

I cant wait to get my vector this winter. I want it soooo bad

also my LS2's blow, so I dont really feel comfortable pushing them
        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Completely stock, no mods yet a few weeks after I got my 6er, with the LS2's I ran up to 120mph, my GPS has the maxium speed record to prove it. A few days later I got up to 130mph, no GPS though. That's the fastest I've ever gone. Never again though I got the Goodyear Eagle F1 all season (Z Rated ) But I plan on not going that fast. On the way to PA last weekend i was doing 90mph-100 and getting passed by dozens of cars doing 110mph on I-80. Scarriest stuff every. I've done bursts of going to 100-110 but driving that fast, never! I don't feel the need to go fast like that anymore though... somebody's helped me decide that's not a good thing Plus I testest myself not once but twice and don't wanna try a 3rd, might not be so lucky
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I have a Vector 93 Tune, Crab Intake, and sloppy LS2's. I'll ride em till they need to replaced with something worthy.

I agree with Wormhole, I would not have wanted to turn at that speed

Comment

Ive had mine at 110 before, but had to slow down when i came to a merger.
              WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Comment

Originally posted by TwistinTommy
                I have a Vector 93 Tune, Crab Intake, and sloppy LS2's. I'll ride em till they need to replaced with something worthy.

I agree with Wormhole, I would not have wanted to turn at that speed
                Oh i had completely forgotten that you had a tune that allowed you to go past any set governer, my bad.

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Working...
                X