Stereo Outputs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Outputs.

Guess I need to look in my Stereo manual. But as most ya know I got that JVC KD-G320 it has 2 sets of outputs. Im looking maybe next payday into start buying a peice at a time and I think im gonna do it simple and small and just do 1 12" sub.

My question is what Wattage amp should i get. And dose it matter what what output i use?

Im not out to do compatiions.. just to give it a nice bassy sound within a budget

The size of the amp should be determined by the Sub you plan on using or vice versa. And normally you would start out finding items in your price range and trying to match them up. Also if your HU has it you will want to use the sub output. If it does not have a Sub output i would just use the rear output since that is where the sound will be comming from.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1548

It can be done easily to where you can have good enough bass for normal listening for under $300.00. The link is a thread that I posted where I got everything from crutchfield for under $300 and I have to say that to me, its a pretty damn good system that didnt draw tons of attention to my car and yet, still gave me nice inside rumble. Also it gave me alot of drunkspace left, and I didnt need any extra batteries, caps, etc
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

You could also look int the new jl w3v3. Single voice coil and they bump pretty good for only 250 bucks.Add an amp, the jl 250/1 is perfect or there are tons more around for lessand get a box made and you will be happy.
        Originally posted by Nikki
        You are an e-pimp.
        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
        I tried too, my penis way too big
        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

There are sooo many choices, it's hard to weed out just one. But depending if you want SQ or SPL, or a mix of both. I'd say Infinity Perfect 12, Alpine Type R, IDQ, Audiobahn Alum12 if you want some sq subs that get loud.

This is one of those things that everybody has a different opinion on, best thing is to just go to the store and listen to everything and pick what you like. Mind you the setup in stores aren't the best but they'll give you an idea.

Comment

Just something Small Sleek and Simple. and cheap LOL i dunno i may not do it at all. the factory speakers (for them being factory) they sound really good and have a good bass tone considering.

Comment

You could go to a 10", it sounds like you just want a little reinforcement. Either will be great, if you want something cheap and simple then you have a lot more options. How cheap is cheap?

Comment

I agree with interfire - I think a 10" would fit what you're looking for. You can get a decent 10 and an amp to power it for pretty cheap. Or a reall nice 10 and amp to power it for a few hundred
                Originally posted by colinpeddle
                They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                That here, by G6er law, we lie
                Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
                  I agree with interfire - I think a 10" would fit what you're looking for. You can get a decent 10 and an amp to power it for pretty cheap. Or a reall nice 10 and amp to power it for a few hundred
                  What would be the differance in Sound? from a 10 to a 12? like is the bass deeper than a 12 than 10?

Comment

With out spitting out a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo, I'll toss my $.02 out there and put it in laymens terms. A 10in will hit tighter bass, 15in will hit alot looser, deeper bass and a 12in is right in the middle. If you want just filler bass since the stock (non-monsoon) is just so so then IMO 2 10's will do you just fine and can be found pretty cheap.

Comment

My setup cost me about $450 including the Kenwood amp, box, and single Kicker CVR 12" sub (including installation kit) I'm pushing 460 watts RMS, still using the factory headunit (with a line output converter). It pounds pretty nice.
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

With out spitting out a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo, I'll toss my $.02 out there and put it in laymens terms. A 10in will hit tighter bass, 15in will hit alot looser, deeper bass and a 12in is right in the middle. If you want just filler bass since the stock (non-monsoon) is just so so then IMO 2 10's will do you just fine and can be found pretty cheap.
                        good description of the different sub sizes.

I'm a proponent of a single sub. multiple subs make it louder, but that may not be what you're looking for.
                        They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.

Comment

1 10 would be plenty of fill bass, but its going to have to be a more top end sub.

Comment

http://www.edesignaudio.com

good stuff

Comment

Would agree with Noah... (1) 10 never did it for me, unless it was high end. But alot has to do with the music you listen to aswell.. Food for thought.
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X