Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question...

hey guys,

i have not tinkered with the stereo in this car yet. just asking before i pull these rear speakers out and replace them...

out of the blue...i have no bass what so ever, in the front or rear...if they were blown i would be able to get them to crackle or something...and they are not DVC so i dont understand it....could it be the stereo itself?

jeff
    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Do you have the monsoon? If they are blown they would def sound like it, but if you don't have the monsoon it could just be the way the system sounds. Maybe someone with that system can say, but if you do have the monsoon then something is busted since it has very good bass.

Comment

your bass turned all the way down by chance? check it and your mid level

someone could of had it turned down at dealer or something

Comment

I am guessing that you have the Monsoon. I would first suggest that you check your settings like bluegtp33 said. If your settings look good i would check under the rear dash and make sure all (4) wires are attached to the speakers. After that i would check to make sure the connection at the amp is fully seated. If all above looks good i would take it to the dealer and have them test the amp. That is all assuming you have the Monsoon setup. Good luck :smoke:
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

yes i have the monsoon setup. i checked the two stereo fuses one for the actual radio just in case, but i checked the amp fuse in the rear compartment and its good. All wires are good to the rear deck speakers, i pushed down on the speaker to feel the coil and its fine. Im thinking maybe there is an internal fuse in the amplifier.

I was unable to find the amp though, because I am guessing it is external? crappy thing is I just went over my warranty but the dude at the dealership is cool so maybe he can finangle something for me. I was hoping the amp was somewhere easily locatable, but have yet to find it and I dont want to have to rip apart everything if I dont know where it is....

jeff
          05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)

Comment

pop your trunk.. on the right pull back the carpet and there you go.. i just found it today when taking out the taillight to get out some rubbing compund
            Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

Did you check the audio settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Did you check the audio settings?
                of course come on now that was the first thing I did, and pulled all fuses and disco'd battery for a hot minute.

I should have told you guys earlier, understand how theres a lot of un-knowing people out there.

I will look for my amp tommorrow under the right side carpet in the trunk as stated. I am hoping there is an internal fuse or even a fusible link in there or something. I was going to take it to the dealer tommorrow but the wife just told me I am driving to orlando this weekend bla...so I will look and keep you all informed. I am just hoping I did not burn out the channels or powersupply or something...

jeff

Comment

Well hey a person still has to ask.

Hope ya get it sorted out, might be the amp but I eh I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                  X