Spark Plug Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Replacement

ANyone have any info on how to replave the spark plugs in the 3.5L? I know where they are located just wondering if anyone has advice or steps to doing it. Thanks
    It's not what you've got in the car, it's what you can do with it!
    K&N Filter
    KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
    FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17
    R1Concepts E-Line Cross Drilled Front

Re: Spark Plug Replacement

Open your hood remove the Oil Filler Cap and pull off the Engine cover GENTLY then look down just above the Exhaust Heat Shield you'll see the 3 spark plug wires leading to the spark plugs now the other 3 are hard to get to, look behind the engine near the firewall and you'll see them hiding again just above the exhaust headers/manifold. Removing the engine cover should help a lot you also might need to remove the stock Air Tube from the air box to the engine in order to get to the front ones easier.

Comment

I thought about what I was asking and realized that I had done all of that. Are the wires hard to remove? I had attempted to replace them and didnt want to rip them while pulling on the boot. Has anyone done this themselves? Any advice?
      K&N Filter
      KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
      FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17

Comment

b4 pulling off the wires turn them to break them free from the plug

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by cruzjr
          I thought about what I was asking and realized that I had done all of that. Are the wires hard to remove? I had attempted to replace them and didnt want to rip them while pulling on the boot. Has anyone done this themselves? Any advice?

Yes they are VERY HARD to pull out grip em and tug really hard thats all I can say BUT DONT PULL ON THE WIRE only on the BOOT!

Comment

Originally posted by EvolutionOX
            Originally posted by cruzjr

Yes they are VERY HARD to pull out grip em and tug really hard thats all I can say BUT DONT PULL ON THE WIRE only on the BOOT!

TWIST IT FIRST
            IT HELPS A TON

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

That too

Comment

thanks....I had pulled on the boot before but it didnt even budge, so before I broke something I thought I should ask...Thanks guys
                K&N Filter
                KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
                FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17

Comment

The boots are hard to remove.
                  Like the others stated, twist to help break them free.
                  You will then have to pull and wiggle back and forth to get them to release. When I say "wiggle" I mean +/- 50-60 degrees.

Make sure you use di-electric gel in the boots before reinstalling to make it easier to remove next time.

For the front plugs you will need to remove the plastic intake pipe that runs behind the radiator. Pretty simple 2 hose clamps and one bolt.

The rear plugs are a pain to get at.

See my post on the E3 plugs and reply about the rear plugs.
                  viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27126
                  Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X