G6 Auto Convertible Top Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Auto Convertible Top Mod?

Hey has anyone seen a mod that will open the top remotely via the keyfob? Something similar to the functionality of the mini copper drop top. I can't think of any obstacles that would prevent this from working - but then again I'm no electrical engineer!

I don'treally know what is involved in dropping the top on these. Is there any latches or anything else like that? It is prety easy to just tap into the factory stuff and get the top to drop if it is just at the push of a button. Just like windows or the system orother things like that. You just have to know what wires and need to have analarmthat has other zones that you can program in to get the top to do it.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Yeah, That would be pretty cool especially if you have remote start too.

Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

Nope, no latches or anything like that. The DIC displays a message when the top move is complete so some sort of signal must be sent. The only other requirement would that the engine must be running; but the remote start covers that too.

Guess I'll take a trip to the local automotive alarm store and get some feedback from them. Findings to be posted here!

Comment

There would have to be a way to get it to work... at least I would think so, go talk to Darryls car and audio.. they would be able to point you in the right direction
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Well, you have 16 actuators in that top that control it coming down. you'd have to wire each of those into an "alarm brain" if you will. So that's at least a 16 channel brain. The last time I checked the most I had seen was 6.

Each of the actuators in that top send a signal to your DIC that they have completed their function. Only when that happens does the DIC display that the move is complete.

It could be done I suppose if you tripled up channels and set all the channels on one button. But it's a wiring nightmare I wouldn't want to get into. You're taking 16 modules wired into a hard top, and modules can run you about 50 bucks a piece. + labor a brain and extras. I'd say you're looking easily at a couple thousand dollars to make it work

Comment

^Is there no way of just running it with wiring that the switch uses to open/close it?

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Not to my knowledge. Though there are many out there with much more experiance than myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                  ^Is there no way of just running it with wiring that the switch uses to open/close it?
                  i think you could tap into the switch somehow and it would work dont know how
                  all i know is that with a top like this, as nice as it would be to remotly lower it, i would never want to void the warrenty

or do anything that could screw it up at all

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by MotownPontiac
                    You're taking 16 modules wired into a hard top, and modules can run you about 50 bucks a piece. + labor a brain and extras. I'd say you're looking easily at a couple thousand dollars to make it work
                    50 bux a piece where you shopping those things are in the hundreds

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I saw a honda accord and this guy rolled the windows down by pushing a button on his beeper. Is that factory from honda?

I was thinking about that, and it also applies to this top question, and i doubt it would be possible to do because our key has to be in the ignition for the windows to work so somehow the ignition would have to be bypassed for any sort of power to go to anything.

So i guess you would either have to reprogram your cars brain that controlls all that stuff or just piggyback the existing system and run a separate set of wire, which by reading above sounds unreasonable.
                      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

you can do it with Viper security systems

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                        Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                        Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                        -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

the windows or top?
                          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

the windows i believe

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                            Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                            Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                            -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

^ I buddy of mine had that on his Maxima, factory mod
                              Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

Working...
                              X