AC...not cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC...not cold

Maybe this has been discussed before...a friend of mine at work has an '06 G6, 4-cyl., said his AC wasn't very cold and asked me about mine, and I said it's not. Anybody's elses AC like this?? My friend had an '83 T-Bird, he took a meat thermometer, put it in the vent and it was blowing 50 degree air!!!! Mine's nowhere near that!!
    2006 G6 Sedan...V6, K/N Filter, SS Magnaflow exhaust tip, SS Magnaflow 4" round.

The G6 uses a different refrigerant than cars built in the early 80's. It's generally not as efficient as freon was, but it is definately more environmentally safe.

You'll find that your AC will blow colder if you use recycled air, rather than fresh as well.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

My 03 silverado used to blow ice cold, im not happy in the a/c system in the G6.
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

well then you know what you need to do right?
        "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

I'm pretty satisfied with my A/C so far.. seeing as my last car for the past 2 years didnt have it... but so far, it hasn't been too hot to have to use it..

but for example.. my boyfriends truck(99 Sonoma).. his A/C is wicked cold.. i usually make him turn it off cuz its freeeezing

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

It was like 94 today, but I didn't use it... Previous uses have been pretty good.... Best thing to do is get a thermometer and measure outlet temps...

John
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Mine is actually pretty damn cold, and actually blows out a lot of air unlike my other car.

Comment

Mine is preety good with air coming in and excellent with the recycled air on and the sun roof visor cloosed so no sun in the cabin. In the 86 t-bird converted from the 80's R12 too the R134a or whaterver and that kept you coolish at best, my g6 is like a godsend this AC.
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Mine works great I think. I dont use it much though. When I do though I let the AUTO AC run and it does great.
                  Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

i have only used mine a couple times and it sucks real bad. yeah it is R134a which sucks compared to R12, but i have to record the temp of the AC system in every car i work on and mine would definately not pass the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                      Mine is actually pretty damn cold, and actually blows out a lot of air unlike my other car.
                      me2
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Mine works pretty good, except the fan is insanely loud at full blast.

The A/C in the Grand Prix rental I had a couple weeks ago, on the other hand, was a POS.

Comment

ill have to admit im not to impressed with my a/c. Highway driving it suits me just fine, around town could use a little help. But overrall it does not compare to my 03 zr2 pickup...
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

A/c is "kinda cold". I put the laser tmep on it the other day, adn at full balst, recycled air set at 60 was blowing 69.3. THis was on the highway, cruise set. Wasn't that hot out, either.. bout low 80's. Good system and seems to not draw too much pwoer fromthe car, but it's defeintly one of the "warmest" a/c systems to date in any o fmy cars.
                            Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                            2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                            w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

i dunno about the laser thermometers cause i got no experience with them, but one of those stabby meat thermometer type of things should read 45F at the most, 40F is pretty average. i haven't tested mine with one, haven't really needed the AC yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X