Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted Interior Pieces!! WITH White Face Gauges installed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Interior Pieces!! WITH White Face Gauges installed!!

My car came with that same wierd color combination, and at first I thought I would go the same route several others had, which is to order the door trim pieces in brushed aluminum to replace the wood burl door handle trim. Then I got this idea...and with my white face guages on order, I got another (you tell me if it's too much) idea about the gauge cluster. This is what I came up with...I figured that I could easily replace all these parts if I did not like the look, so I gave it a try. Let me know what you think!

Dan
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

For the lazy ones amongst us:

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

You should paint the steering wheel controls, as well. I think it looks pretty good, otherwise.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about the steering wheel controls, but want to live with this for a week or 2 before I do any other parts. Also want to see how well the paint holds up on the door handles, because if it starts to chip, scratch or wear, I plan on going to the brushed aluminum handles from the factory, and probably order a new gauge cluster bezel if I do that.
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

That looks real good! I agree with you and wait for a few weeks before painting anything they you touch reguallerly. I had a t-bird and did a custom paint job on the interor too and I found that painting the stuff you dont touch looks good forever but the things you touch regually no matter if AI primed it or not and ect it chiped off over time. Goodluck and looking good!
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

That looks awesome!

spiced the interior right up!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

That does look bad a$$. Are you planning on painting the center aroung the radio and cc?

-2005 GT
              -GT-R Exhaust
              -Dr Speed Stage 3 CAI
              -Eibach Lowering Springs
              -18" ASA JS5 on Sumitomo HTR+
              -20% Window Tint
              -Vector Motorsport Tune

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!
                I thought about doing the center stack too, but from what I can tell from the HOW-TO on installing an aftermarket stereo http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=568 I would have to pull the almost the entire dash apart to do it. Looks like a hell of a lot of work! Like I said earlier about the steering wheel switch panels, if the other parts hold up well I may do it in the future because I think it'd look great. Going to wait and see for a few weeks at least before I do it.

I can't wait for my white gauge faces to complement the red bezels!!! Will post new pics after they are installed.

Dan

Comment

Actually, getting the dash apart shouldn't take more than about 30 minutes.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that, TLS. Good HOW-TO by the way!

It looks and sounds like a few hours to get those parts off, but you've done it so I gotta believe.
                    Hell...now you got my torx wrenches talking to me...TAKE IT OFF...PAINT IT...TAKE IT...... Damn it!

Comment

Torx wrenches won't help you with that job.

I think it was a 10mm socket that I used.

sigpic

Comment

Looks nice, like the door handles.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6
                          Thanks for the kind words!
                          I thought about doing the center stack too, but from what I can tell from the HOW-TO on installing an aftermarket stereo http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=568 I would have to pull the almost the entire dash apart to do it. Looks like a hell of a lot of work! Like I said earlier about the steering wheel switch panels, if the other parts hold up well I may do it in the future because I think it'd look great. Going to wait and see for a few weeks at least before I do it.

I can't wait for my white gauge faces to complement the red bezels!!! Will post new pics after they are installed.

Dan
                          the dash is a cinch took me 15 mins once i figure out how it all snaps apart

Comment

i am really not feelin the painted interior pieces in this car. maybe it is because the interior of yours is already two toned and you are adding a 3rd, pretty drastic color on top of that...i dunno.

Comment

should get a spray bomb made to match your cars paint
                              My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Working...
                              X