Gm Performance Exhaust (beware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm Performance Exhaust (beware)

Well guys I thought it would of been a good exhaust and be hassle free with the dealer for the warranty but after installing it, I as so much disapointed that I have to worn everyone to beware of this system.
    Sound is somewhat not even apparent. I'm sure if I was to remove the resinator it would sound meen but not impress for that at all. The tips are mediocre but shorter by almost 2". Being this shorter I was affread that it might burn my valence as it is resessed inside. After spending lots of time adjusting I was still not able to get both tail tip equaly flush with valence but was still ending inside the valence. Other than that it's a 2 1/4" but the bends are long radius and fit inside each other pieces well. I had to remove my trailer hitch and then I would of had to remove so much meat on the hitch braces that I would of had to beaf it up somehow.
    It's going back to the dealer. Hoping they will take it back as it was special order from the USA. Man that sucks. Should of followed my instinct and gone with GT-R.
    Sam, I shall talk to you on Monday when I return this piece of crap.
    Debaged, GFX red overlay on GXP & metalic black overlay on key holes & front logo, red calipers, K&N filter, Vector ECM & TCM tune, 35% tint all around.
    Pioneer TS-D1720C front, TS-D6902R rear, GM-D9500F power amp

Re: Gm Performance Exhaust (sucks)

wow, I think the only other person who had gotten this was Stacy?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
      wow, I think the only other person who had gotten this was Stacy?
      I'm not sure.. if she got it she had it on the GXP when she got it? I don't remember hearing about her putting it on?

I dont recall anyone besides that questionable one getting it.. always wondered what it was like.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

should have went with the gtr. you learn from your mistakes, just as you have.
        2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
        2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
        613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
        11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
        New numbers coming soon........

Comment

man that sucks

and yes i believe stacy either put it on her gxp or her old g6

Comment

mine went together like a glove,also i have a little snarl at idle and feels good at open throttle...so i guess no complaits here... opcorn:

Comment

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20531
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

unlocked and moved to correct section

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                  Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Try to be more carefull next time.
                  Debaged, GFX red overlay on GXP & metalic black overlay on key holes & front logo, red calipers, K&N filter, Vector ECM & TCM tune, 35% tint all around.
                  Pioneer TS-D1720C front, TS-D6902R rear, GM-D9500F power amp

Comment

nope its cool man, just didnt want it to stay locked when it was really a review

Comment

If the system's not good, we want to know. Wonder what Stacy thinks. That would actually be a worthy post from her.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                        That would actually be a worthy post from her.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't like it
                          hope the exchange goes smoothly
                          i was actually thinkin of gettin that system. not sure if i want to do any exhaust on it tho

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                          no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy
                            Originally posted by bluegtp33
                            Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Try to be more carefull next time.
                            Format your review please.

Otherwise it will be locked.

Comment

I bought one too and if i could go back i wouldnt have bought it. Its a alright noise and all but it does not stick out the rear of the bumper and your exhaust goes behind your bumper. Was not impressed on that....thats the only downside of this product.
                              GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Working...
                              X