Coupe door sensor/switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe door sensor/switch?

Can anyone tell me where the switch or sensor is on coupes that detects when you open/close the door? I may be dense...but those are usually so easy to see and I can't find mine.
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

for the windows indexing or for the lights and shit?
    Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

Window indexing.
      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

It uses the door ajar switch which is built into the door latch assembly

Comment

THANKS!
          Is there a way to pull the window back up all the way with the door open? (for working on window tinting).

Comment

I don't think that is how the tint shops do it, the line up the top and close the door and when it comes up they stick the bottom....?

John the Guesser!
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I'll figure it out somehow, but was wondering if I could just push the window up. No biggie.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Yes you can. Just consider that the door latch works based on rotation of the latch around a post on the body.

You are probably familar with rotating the latch in door manually to keep key chime from going off, right? Just give that a try. Might want to use a tool since it is usually greasy

Then make sure you pull interior door handle when you want to actually close the door again so window indexes.

Comment

Thank you e2!

Comment

Working...
                  X