Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-8

Hello

I have had my g6 GTP now for 4 month and love everyday of it.
    I going to yank engine and put in a LS7 427 Cubic inch with a full flow master system. I have talk to some of friends and they all said it possible. I would to know what you guys think.

Thank you
    Jon
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black

i guess if it fits than it is possible. throw in the LS7 and a T-56 and it would be a nice setup. i suggest doing some suspension mods too cause this car wasn't really designed for that much power.

Comment

Why would you put a 16,000.00 motor in a G6? And now I don't think it will work.

But good luck!
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Hello

The reason is I have the crate engine in the garge i bought it for a resto- rod. But I have decide to built hemi super-bird with my dad. I hate to see the engine sit there plus I'll have one of the toughest Gg around.

Jon
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black

Comment

If you got the cash and know-how, it'll work. Good luck!
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

First go measure the engine front to back, then go measure the g6 from the core support to firewall. Or if you are thinking FWD well , yeah, see below. It if fits you have a chance....

Next you have to rip out the center console and see if you can put a trans tunnel in.

Next see if you can steal an independent rear off of a GTO or Corvette, unless you want to go solid rear axle....

If you are thinking of going FWD, no trans will handle that power unless you know some really good trans guy, really good....

Comment

yea, like racing good. I've seen a FWD race Celica with over 1000hp.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I hate to say this because I love my G6, but why not buy a car more fitting of that hp and cost.... 500 HP/ 16K motor deserves a great handling solid rwd chassis....

Comment

This thread gives me a headac.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

^ I agree

Comment

I think that would butcher a perfectly good G6. But that's just me.

Comment

do it.. id like to see how it turns out..

it may be a "waste" of money to some.. so was me buyin my car i put up with shit from people everyday about it..
                        Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

buy a gto and put it in that haha
                          Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by simplyred
                          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

dude...

There is no way A) you have a SPARE LS7 just sitting there with nowhere better to go than your G6 B) you will get an LS7 to work or EVEN FIT for that matter in your G6.

You get it done I'll personally fly to your house, hand you a crisp benjamin and let you slap me across the face.. on camera.

Great thought, but no way in hell.
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Hello

It was just a thought. I bought all these parts Dec 2005 with my dad from a summit racing we went half and half but we never had time to build a 1934 Chevy resto-rod. So it sat in the crate with 6-speed transmission and the exhausted system for almost 7 month in the garage. The reason why did not do the resto-rod it was two much work for just the two of us. So last week we decide to do a project car and we saw a Superbird online that we want to buy because it was complete. So dad asks me what we should do with all these part if we but this car. He suggest when he was my age the rule of thumb was try to get the biggest engine in the smallest and lightest car. I know every mopar guy we kill us if we put a Chevy engine in mopar car. So this morning my friends and I where talking about the engine and I thought it would be a creative project. I was going to buy the GTO but I thought the G6 look a lot sexier then the GTO. So about six month I heard that Gm was releasing the camaro. So I left small deposit for the new Camaro and the dealer said it not going to be release for at least another 18 months. I have order Z-28 with SS model. I really hoping to see it if was possible. I know it not the smartest I had every. But I was trying to think out side of the box.

Thank you
                              J
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black

Comment

Working...
                              X