X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicolor High performance Wheel Coating

Brand: Duplicolor
    Price: $5.98 a can
    Purchased from: Pep Boys. Discount Auto Parts. Autozone. Any auto store will have it

Installation: Very Involved. Its very time comsuming and very meticulous
    Installation time: took me 2 days because i was busy. will take you all day of you have a partner and all your supplies.
    Tips: sand the wheel very well. make sure you dont paint the wheel on cardboard because the particals will blow back on the wheel and give you a bad finish. Also, wipe the wheel with rubbing alcohol before you prime the rim. have alot of ventilation because this paint and primer is VERY VERY strong.

Quality of part: 10
    Product performance: its paint!!!!
    Would you recommend to others: if you dont have the money to spend on new wheels and tires, this is the way to go. highly recommend.

Comments:
    This is how it turned out
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Re: Duplicolor High performance Wheel Coating

Nice to see someone following in my footsteps! looks very nice man! gives the car that mean look.

Progression Page

Comment

Cool! I would love to see these with a gloss black finish.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

more pictures... i have been thinking about doing that too...

more more more

Comment

i'm thinking about doing it too... gotta figure some way to make these wheels look better now that i sorta messed them up...

did either of you guys have chrome before? you didnt right? did you still scuff the crap out of them before you did it?

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

make sure you dont paint the wheel on cardboard because the particals will blow back on the wheel and give you a bad finish.
            What did you paint them on to get the nice finish then. kinda been lookin into this

Id like to see of them on the car
            Image Hosting

Comment

pics on the car?
              ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

i blew up his avatar pic so u guys can c it on his car. i think it looks sweet!

............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

heres more pics

i used 320 grit sand paper and sanded all the clear off and scuffed up the whole rim. i wish tehy made gloss black. but they dont. maybe if i did more clear coats it may be shine more. i think it looks awesome.
                  2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                  11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

i put it on top of a big industrial trash can and just turned it over to paint each side. it was kinda easier that way. for the last coats, i stood the tire up and looked for any missed spots. and my rims were not chrome before. just polished
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

looks nice but it looks how do i say uneven?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

just a lil bit. it takes 7 days to cure. maybe then if i need to ill do some touching up.
                        11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

yeah after the 7 days you should put on a few more coats and then definitely put on the clear coat. the clear coat makes it look way better and keeps it from chipping as easy. looks nice though.

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                            i'm thinking about doing it too... gotta figure some way to make these wheels look better now that i sorta messed them up...

did either of you guys have chrome before? you didnt right? did you still scuff the crap out of them before you did it?
                            Mine were the GTP wheels which were the brushed aluminum i think.. they had shine to them and i sanded it out.

Progression Page

Comment

i was thinking about doing this to my chromes cause i hate them. But should i sand the hell outta the chrome? Just need to get some info before doing it. Maybe ill talk to the guys up at checker.

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                              I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X