Edge of my seat looking like a worn leather jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge of my seat looking like a worn leather jacket

I just noticed the other day that the edge of my driver side seat is starting to turn a greenish color, like a leather jacket after it starts to wear out. It's just part of the edge though a few inches long, near the door. Guess this really can't be fixed huh? Anybody else experiencing this with their leather seats?
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

That's so wierd, I just noticed mine is doing that too, and I've only got 4500 miles on it!
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

damn this sucks. I hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the leather. It's just on the very edge of the seat so far.
      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
        damn this sucks. I hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the leather. It's just on the very edge of the seat so far.

<---- Reson why I Have Cloth Never had any good luck with leather.

Comment

Do you regularly use leather care?
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

leather seats

ha what you need to fix your seats is mink oil it will make the leather soft because the leather is stiff and it makes the seat feal better to seat in and the minl oil is easy to used

Comment

I've only used a leather care spray three times since I got the car.
              -Mike #1

Comment

his mink oil is for leather and it is good

Comment

kinda glad i didnt get leather.. plus i stick to it.. never good
                  Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

I would think a good leather conditioner would help out with this problem. And i would agree with the cloth peeps, my luck with leather is not the best. Plus when im on the bottom my arse sticks to the seat...
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I want air cooled seats like the Buicks!
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

yeah the Eddie Bauer Expedition i drove the other day had AC seats....they were badass!

Comment

Yeah I've heard those seats in the buicks are killer.

Comment

my seats the leather peeled off my passenger side seat (where no one sits) and i take good care of my seats i condition them armoral them etc etc i was actually emailed by GM (cause i asked them if this has happened to other seats) and they said to take it to a dealership and they will fix it under warranty

Comment

hey im gettin a little bit of the top layer peeling off on my drivers seat. right now its about the size of a nickle... if it keeps getting worse will they fix this under warranty?
                              '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X