Clear All

• HOW TO: CRAB O4 INTAKE INSTALL ON 3.6

TOOLS REQUIRED:
    10MM Wrench or Ratchet
    Flat Blade Screwdriver
    Note: Photo one for illistration purposes only-not 3.6 engine

1) Remove 10MM bolt from Drivers side radiator support:

2) Loosen chrome band clamp on factory intake by throttle body

3) Loosen chrome clamp on factory intake by MAF (near air filter box)

4) At this point you should be able to remove both ends of the factory intake from the throttle body and MAF and remove the factory intake in one piece. The small hose that goes under the engine cover (near the throttle body) will pull out of the knuckle that holds it to the engine. You may also want to remove the connector from the MAF sensor to allow more movement at this time.

5) Now you start the install of the CRAB intake by placing the black silicon angle piece with the small hose attached onto the throttle body. Clamp loosly and insert the new small hose onto the knuckle as shown in the photo below. Note: the knuckle is under the engine cover but is accessable from the side of the cover without the need to remove it. See photo below:

6) Install the large chrome intake piece into the black silicon and loosly tighten the chrome clamp.

7) At this time you can install the drivers side support bracket using the 10 MM bolt that was removed in step one. The bracket mounts from the underside of the radiator support and use uses a 10MM nut (supplied by Pooners) to tighten, as shown in the photo:

8 ) Insert the small curved chrome intake piece into the silicon and clamp loosly as shown below:

9) Insert the other silicon piece over the end of the end of the MAF. You need to stretch the silicon to fit. It is a tight fit but it makes it. There should be two different size hose clamps supplied by Pooners. Make sure the larger clamp is used on the side that goes to the MAF, the smaller size goes over the large chrome intake piece. Hint: The use of a spray lubricant (very lightly) may help getting the silicon on to the MAF. Now insert the silcon attached to the MAF onto the short curved chromed piece. You want to install the silicon onto the MAF before installing the other side onto the chrome curved piece as it will be easier to install that way. As shown in photo ABOVE.

10) Now install the passenger side bracket from above by removing the 10 MM bolt from the passenger side radiator support put bracket in place and re-install 10MM bolt as shown in the photo ABOVE.

At this point you need to adjust the intake for propper fit. You can pull out the chrome intake from the black silicon to get it closer to the radiator on the drivers side so it runs accross the engine straight. Tighten all clamps when done, reinsert the connector onto the MAF and you now have one sweet O4 intake installed on your 6'er.

When finished it should look like this:

My photo shows the install of the CAB also. The install is much easier then it sounds.

To install a CAB, use this how to: http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...p?f=29&t=17418

To remove your your resonator befoe installing your CAB, use this how to: http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...hp?f=29&t=9700

I took the liberty to rip some photo's from other members how to's as Coolman didn't shoot as many photo's as I would of liked him to.

Re: HOW TO: CRAB O4 INTAKE INSTALL

Nice how to.

Dark Steel Gray Metallic 2.4 litre ecotec, 5% lumar tint on the back, Luminics Ultra White 5150k headlights, 12" Kicker Comp VR sub, 300.1 Rockford Fosgate amp, K & N Drop in air filter, Leds under dash and in trunk, Debadged, Red Calipers, Black Overlays on Emblems.

Comment

Looks good.. Cant wait to do mine!!!
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Are you goin to post a video of the car running with it installed oldmanvette1975?
        GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Will I need any more steps to put my turbo in at the same time?
          I'm sure Pooners will appreciate this too.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by uzun1986
            Are you goin to post a video of the car running with it installed oldmanvette1975?
            Maybe by this weekend coming

Comment

Re: HOW TO: CRAB O4 INTAKE INSTALL ON 3.6

so will we be seeing a power gain with this or just more shiney stuff under the hood?
              Packers Record: 4-4
              Steelers Record: 5-2
              Cyclones Record: bad
              High School STATE QUARTERFINALS!!

Comment

Nice write up.....now where have I seen a few of those snaps before?
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by RockstarMentality
                  so will we be seeing a power gain with this or just more shiney stuff under the hood?
                  I feel the difference in the low end and mid range and the chrome looks cool too

Comment

Originally posted by RockstarMentality
                    to add to what my dad said, also the engine "whine" is alot louder which makes it sound a lot better. and yess you can feel it in the low end (even my mom can!).
                    ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

I gotta get me one of these....

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

I gotta get me one of these....
                        You heard it here first! Poon wants a GXP!

Comment

I bought the top of the line G6 in 2005. That was a GT.
                          The definition of a GT has since changed.

MODS:

Comment

GT stands for Gets There GXP stands for Got eXcessive Power
                            2008 G6 GXP Coupe - Street Edition - Midnight Blue Metallic - Black Interior w/ Silver Accents
                            Too many mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3237846

Comment

just double checking, but can i use the write up for my 3.5 L? when my o3 comes?
                              ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

Working...
                              X