07 Malibu with rear drum now has rear disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Malibu with rear drum now has rear disc

Hey all. New guy here and just changed my drums out for discs. You guys wont believe how straight forward the swap is. My 8 yr old brother could do it. Just so people know it can be done with no mod to your car at all. Actually when you finish you have two extra parts left that disc brakes dont need. If anyone wants more details then let me know. Late.
    '07 Malibu LT born 6/2006

Re: 07 Malibu with rear drum now has rear disc

Allow me to be the first LOL

not that I need to do this, as I have discs all around, but Id be curious to see anyways...
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

wait they actually still have cars with drum brakes on them?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
        wait they actually still have cars with drum brakes on them?
        My moms 08 Denali has rear drums.....
        2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
        Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

All Cobalts except for the SS and Sport models all have rear drums too...

We're lucky that GM didn't decided to put drums on our base cars.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I could swear that all newer mali's have discs all around, hell even my moms 07 base has 'em

i'm raising the BS flag on this one

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Rear drum brakes come standard on 2004-07 Malibus.

Comment

Yeah from what i understand all 4 cylinder '04-'07 malibu is a drum rear end. The V6 cars has discs with ABS standard. Funny thing is that i dont have a camera phone but my friend does. Oh also, if any of you are from Phoenix or Tucson AZ lets meet and see whose bs'ing. Photos are coming.

Comment

again just for good measure
                  2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Sounds good. i just the 3.9 now.

Comment

Originally posted by 07EpsilonLT
                      Sounds good. i just the 3.9 now.
                      ?????? WHAT?
                      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

lol i just noticed my post. I meant i just need the 3.9 now.

Comment

Well i'll be damned, i was near a junkyard and saw a few 06's and one had some DRUMS in the back i was like W-T-F, so my bad, i even took a cell pic but i'm too lazy to transfer it to the PC

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

lol

lol funny guy VAL06SS. Love your car by the way. Wish i could have me an SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Val06SS
                              Well i'll be damned, i was near a junkyard and saw a few 06's and one had some DRUMS in the back i was like W-T-F, so my bad, i even took a cell pic but i'm too lazy to transfer it to the PC
                              I saw one in Maine this week that had drums on it to.... LOL who'da thought?!!!?!
                              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

Working...
                              X