Open exhaust (NO muffler OR resonator) *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open exhaust (NO muffler OR resonator) *video*

So I was bored and wasn't really feeling like diggin into the TB/Upper project yet. So I thought... let's take apart my exhaust for NO reason. So, I removed the following piece. This piece connects the Y-pipe to the resonator.

So with that out, I started the engine. There are only two words that can describe the sound this made upon turning the ignition to ON.... holy... shit. It is horribly loud, very deep too, sounds like a small V8.. seriously. I was just going to start it, listen the pop the pipe section back in... after hearing this ridiculous rumble (which btw did NOT impress my sleeping girlfriend at 2 am) I absolutely, positively, HAD to drive this thing.

So I grab my camera.

The verdict: I was not impressed. It sounds HORRIBLE. It is SO loud you can't hear ANYTHING else. The camera doesn't convey how deep it is, but it does capture the raspy nastiness. Also, the car is noticeably slower.

Doctor-Speed-G6-GTP-OPEN-exhaust
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Kyle,Kyle,Kyle. Don't you know mufflers and resonators are on an exhaust system for a reason?
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I still haven't gotten past the fact he did this at 2 AM.... HAHA!
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
        I still haven't gotten past the fact he did this at 2 AM.... HAHA!
        Not only that, but with his girlfriend asleep.
        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I think it was a ploy to wake her up. "Honey now that you're up...."
          2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

^Hahahahah..

That was freakin' loud man.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

LOL@ kyle

I have a few vids somewhere of the grand am with open headers.
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

2 am with an open exhaust you da man !!!!

Comment

thats freakin great
                  Originally posted by colinpeddle
                  They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                  That here, by G6er law, we lie
                  Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                  THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

So either it worked and he went up stairs and . . . . .

Or it didn't and Kyle is going to be crabby for a week!
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

RICE......................

When I get bored. I usually fix things on my car. Not make them worse..

lol :P :P :P :P

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

That sounds awesome! You should leave it!
                        ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

HELL NO! I put it back on as soon as I got home. Seriously it was horrendous. I knew it would suck total ass but I just had to hear it. And no, I most certainly did NOT get any for that stunt But hey my neighbors hate me now, so at least I don't have to worry about that whole "being friendly" thing.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

This reminds me of the old days. Back in the late 70's when cruising was very popular in Dallas and street racing was at it's peak. It was not uncommon to pull over on the side of the road and change out an intake manifold or swap out a carburator etc. etc.

Well, I had bought this Chevelle for like $1000.00 and went out cruising. Ran into a buddy of mine that said he had a pair of headers we could bolt on. And we did just that, on the side of the road. (open Headers) At first, we were both fighting over who got to drive it, but after about an hour we were so worn out from the noise that neither of us wanted to drive the damn thing, rather needed both hands free to hold them over our ears. That was the last time I drove a car with open headers.
                            Today that much noise gets you a citation

Comment

yeah seriously, on top of that I live in Pleasantville right now so I kept the drive short.
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X