Trans fluid cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans fluid cooler

How hard is it to install one in our cars?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Re: Trans fluid cooler

I think its built into the Rad. Atleast it was on my Grand Am. Anyways you just "T" off the stock inlet and outlets, or you can bypass the stocker all together.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

correct the trans cooler is built into the radiator
      unless your talking about adding an auxillary cooler

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Yep, I think that all auto cars have the cooler built in the radiator.

Adding an aux tranny oil cooler is one of the best investments you can add to a auto tranny car.

Cooler oil-happy tranny!!!!

Now, there are coolers and there are COOLERS... I always used B&M coolers. I am just waiting for my warranty to expire to install one!!.

Comment

I just had mine install by my mechanic and then took it to get flushed by the dealer. They did not say anything about it. It will not void your warranty. Am I the first G6 on the board to have one installed?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Comment

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
            - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
            - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

What cooler and where did you put it?

Again

Comment

I am also curious were you installed your cooler I would like to install one to.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP

Again

X2!

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Originally posted by jgarcia05
                    Originally posted by SmartGTP

Again

X2!
                    x3

Comment

if you look under the hood you can't see the rubber lines. looks all stock. I bought mine from Advance Auto Parts. It is powdercoated black. Some of the lower end ones were not.

Comment

was it a pretty easy install?

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

I paid $50 to have it installed. The guy said he did not have to take off the bumper off, he just had to fish it in. If that helps. It involes cutting lines and the kit comes with the tabs that mount it to the rad.

Comment

i know i know holy thread revival but how much was the cooler itsself, i understand it was installed for 50 but how much was the actual cooler?
                            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                              i know i know holy thread revival but how much was the cooler itsself, i understand it was installed for 50 but how much was the actual cooler?
                              Maybe 30 to 50 bucks

I would hunt one down on Ebay instead.

I got mine, a B&M black with mounting holes for 12 SHIPPED (to 00921=expensive)

Sounds like a good saturday proyect but I still want to know what line is the output/input from/to the rad.

Also, dont waste your $$ on those with a integrated fan.... unless you plan to install it where there is no airflow.

Comment

Working...
                              X