New Personal Best ET in my 07 GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Personal Best ET in my 07 GTP

I went out to the track Sunday for the final Sport Compact race of the year and on my first time run of the day I ran the quickest ET yet in my G6 stopping the clock at 14.512 @ 95.90 MPH. I also had my best 60' ever with a 2.099. After my run I checked my weather station and it said the corrected altitude was 4,788 feet above sea level. I think in cooler air the car should be able to run in the 14.4 range.

The only mods that I've made to the car are a Vector Motorsports ECM (plus I've done some tweaking on my own using the HP Tuner software), a GT-R exhaust system, heatsoak reduction kit from VMS, and a pair of BFG Drag Radials.

While I'm at it I want to give kudos to Vector Motorsports for developing the heatsoak reduction kit. That thing worked like a charm. It's way more reactive to temperature changes than the stock sensor. I also love my Dashhawk. That thing is definitely worth the money.

Re: New Personal Best ET in my 07 GTP

what kind of motor do you have in it
    GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

The 2007 GTP has the 3.6 litre LY7 engine.

Comment

that' doesn't make sense, you are 4,500 ft up and running 9.3 in the 1/8? i know for a fact i am 3,500 up and the car can't do any better than 9.76 with a 2.1 60'.
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

What I quoted was the adjusted altitude based on the weather conditions at the time of run.

The elevation of the track I was racing at is 2,700 feet above sea level.

Comment

Do you even have a intake on your car?
            GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Comment

What kind of BF's are you running? is this a six speed automatic also just like the GXP?

Comment

yes the gxp is just a different body kit

good times...but how did you tune it yourself if you have a vector? i thought i was locked down

Comment

Do you even have a intake on your car?
                  I'm running a stock intake.

What kind of BF's are you running? is this a six speed automatic also just like the GXP?
                  I'm running BFG 225/45R17 drag radials. Also, since I run the stock 18 inch tires on the back when I race I pull the ABS fuse in order to do a good burnout. I found that even with the traction control off I couldn't do a consistent burnout because the ABS would sense the front tires were spinning while the back tries weren't and would try to compensate.

good times...but how did you tune it yourself if you have a vector? i thought i was locked down
                  I just plugged my laptop into the car's OBD-II port, downloaded the tuning information into HP Tuners, made some changes, and uploaded the changed tune. I hadn't heard that the Vector tune was supposed to be locked down.

Comment

lol wut>

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

mabe you thought you wrote over the vector tune but you didnt? cuz i recall Chris saying they are locked.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I'm running BFG 225/45R17 drag radials. Also, since I run the stock 18 inch tires on the back when I race I pull the ABS fuse in order to do a good burnout. I found that even with the traction control off I couldn't do a consistent burnout because the ABS would sense the front tires were spinning while the back tries weren't and would try to compensate.
                        [/quote]

more info plz, did you traction light come on while doing the burnout?

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Wheres the ABS fuse at?

Comment

more info plz, did you traction light come on while doing the burnout?
                            Wheres the ABS fuse at?
                            No, removing the ABS fuse also disables the traction control.
                            When you remove the ABS fuse, the ABS light, the traction control off light, and the brake light will display on the instrument console.

The ABS fuse is in the engine comartment fuse box. I can't tell you exactly where it's at other than it's kind of in the middle of the fuse box. I referred to the diagram in the owner's manual in order to determine which fuse to pull.

Comment

ahh i get the altitude thing now, and knowing you were on drags helps the situation out too lol. i thought i just had a weak engine.
                              18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Working...
                              X