MAF /(IAT) sensor wiring guide.. PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF /(IAT) sensor wiring guide.. PLEASE HELP

Hey yall, I am pretty new here and also a new owner of an '06 GTP. I recently purchased this SLR performance chip thingy which i'm almost positive is useless bu i had money laying around.

ANYWAYS, in the instructions it claims that i need to splice it into my IAT sensor. I know on the 06 GTP, the IAT sensor is wired into the MAF sensor but what don't know is what of the 5 wires is for the IAT. Does anyone know or know where I can find out?

Re: MAF /(IAT) sensor wiring guide.. PLEASE HELP

Don't do it. It's been discussed here. All it does is trick the onboard computer into thinking the IAT sensor is reporting like 40 degrees, the optimal temperature. However, not being the actual temperature, they do nothing. All it is is a resistor that brings down the voltage or signal the IAT sensor is reporting, that's it. It might hurt your fuel economy as well as it would be pushing fuel it doesn't need into the engine.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Adventually the PCM will learn the chip and compinsate for it over 300-500 miles and be back to the same stock power or maybe less
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

oh man.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Son of a bitch! So,.... where does one go to beef up the ponies on his new G6? I went to Doctorspeed and I see that the turbo is now out of stock/discontinued. Am I stuck with the stock 240 horses?

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo
            Son of a bitch! So,.... where does one go to beef up the ponies on his new G6? I went to Doctorspeed and I see that the turbo is now out of stock/discontinued. Am I stuck with the stock 240 horses?
            Search is your friend. Also look under "performance" section of the forum. Plenty of things, Exhaust, ECM + TCM tune, intakes, etc...
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              Originally posted by Kujo
              Search is your friend. Also look under "performance" section of the forum. Plenty of things, Exhaust, ECM + TCM tune, intakes, etc...
              got it covered erik, you dont need to harass the guy.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

The turbo kit never exsisted lol. Never made it out of test phase.

PCM tune, CAI, Exhaust.

Possibly headers for the 3900 in the near future from a company in the test phase now. Other then that, thats about that. Unless you want to run Nitrous, 50 or less should be ok. 1 or 2 members run it with no problems
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                X