Engine Wire Harness same in all G6's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Wire Harness same in all G6's?

I have a G6 GTP Sedan with the 3.9L auto I need the 3 wire harness connectors that plug into the computer next to battey and also the ABS end connector, there is a 06 3.5L GT coupe auto at a local salvage yard that was hit in the rear so the engine and harness are all good they want $75.00 for the whole engine harness and I have to take off the, new harness is about $380.00. The ends look the same but are the number of wires going to the computer and ABS the same? In the same place too?
    PS3 -Mischief24

Re: Engine Wire Harness same in all G6's?

engine wise i would bet no
    abs wise is a better chance but still it depends on options

cant you get them to cut off the connectors for you?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

No they wont let me just cut the ends off,
      PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

wont hurt to try it, $75 vs. $380 it would be bad to try it.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

wont hurt to try it, $75 vs. $380 it would be bad to try it.

agreed
          if nothing else you can cut the ends off

depending on which ones they are 75 bux for the whole thing may just be cheaper then getting the connectors seperate

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

So does anyone know how to take out and put in the wires into the connector?
            PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

depends on the type of connector

and ill be currious y are you replacing them

Comment

I bought the car salvaged and the front driver side was hit so the connectors or termials are working but the surround is broke and theres nothing protecting the wires or holding them into the computer. the car has not been driven since june 07, I heard the car start when I bought it but with no radiator it wasn't for long. I just started the car Thursday and it was a litte shaky and the dash said "engine power reduced" and the throttle was not working, but I've done all I can without a scanning tool so Monday the cars going to a shop and I hope that these termial ends from the 3.5L will work.
                PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

How about if I just take my computer with me when checking out the 3.5L harness, and see if there the same. Duh
                  PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

^^^hey, not a bad idea at all....this way, if they don't fit there at the salvage yard, you won't have to waste spending the 75 bucks. Lets us know what the results are

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

hey, what did u figure out on this, What was the problem with the running condition, did it need a new throttle control/air flow sensor?
                      Flint's #1 Toy Maker - Adultoys Automotive - Body & Paint - Custom & Classic - Collision & Restoration - Welding - Blasting - Rust Treatment - Bikes - Trucks - Cars - Hot Rods - Imports - Etc.. - One Owner - One Definition Of Quality - No Limits - The Man In Black - DegreeOfExcellence@Gmail.Com

Comment

no, I haven't needed to replace any sensors, just the terminal ends going to the computer and ABS pump I have pictures but it won't allow me to post them?
                        PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

the terminal ends were visibly damaged then?
                          Flint's #1 Toy Maker - Adultoys Automotive - Body & Paint - Custom & Classic - Collision & Restoration - Welding - Blasting - Rust Treatment - Bikes - Trucks - Cars - Hot Rods - Imports - Etc.. - One Owner - One Definition Of Quality - No Limits - The Man In Black - DegreeOfExcellence@Gmail.Com

Comment

Yes, just the plactic surround that holds them in place,
                            PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

yea on mine the term end wasnt damaged, well it was beat up a little but i had fixed it, the plastic its self wasnt damaged, just wire connectors inside were knocked outa place.. whats kinda wierd is that even tho that wasnt damaged really the mass air flow sensor was, not physicaly but operational ..(altho it had signs of being hit) .. so... i have yet to exchange that with a new one to check the real operation condition of the car, but untill i get radiator/etc back in it i cant do that anways.. I did however check it by taking a Mass AFS off a Malibu & put on there & it would actually stay running that way where as before it wouldnt..

Comment

Working...
                              X