My interior lights won't come on with the doors or key pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My interior lights won't come on with the doors or key pull

Everything seems fine elsewhere...I've not messed around with any of it or anything to the best of my knowledge. The evening that I was putting on my Stg 3 and HMSL decal, I had the doors open for a while; my interior lights go off---I thought due to the accessory/battery timer. Now they won't come on with any open door or when I unlock the car or pull the key from the ignition. I've jiggled the dome switch mode selector, and the lights all work fine otherwise---they all come on with the manual switches.

I stopped by the local dealership today, and they were stumped, too. The guy said it might take a couple of hours to fix...which is not bad at all, but it doesn't bother me badly enough yet to part with my newly dropped 6 that long!

Anyway, just thought that I'd throw out my issue for you all to hear about. Hope I didn't duplicate a post about the same subject, but I didn't see this topic yet. I'll try to update with the fix, if the dealer finds the problem
    2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Did you mess with the options on the DIC...i know there are options on there for lights. I cant remember what specifically is on there though.
    You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

Anything else not working? Maybe its a blown fuse.
      2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

You do not have panoramic sunroof, right?

If any of the lights work in your vehicle it isn't a blown fuse - everything works off same fuse.

What lights do work? Map lights in overhead front console? If you put the dome lamp switch in the ON position (passenger side) do both the dome and front map lights come on?

When you put the dome lamp switch in center position (not the OFF position on driver side) that is when you open doors and neither dome light nor front map lights comes on?

This happens with all 4 doors, right?

If you open driver door and put ignition key in do you hear chime?

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
          You do not have panoramic sunroof, right?

If any of the lights work in your vehicle it isn't a blown fuse - everything works off same fuse.

What lights do work? Map lights in overhead front console? If you put the dome lamp switch in the ON position (passenger side) do both the dome and front map lights come on?

When you put the dome lamp switch in center position (not the OFF position on driver side) that is when you open doors and neither dome light nor front map lights comes on?

This happens with all 4 doors, right?

If you open driver door and put ignition key in do you hear chime?
          No panaramic roof, just the single panal.
          All other lights work. Yes, in 'on' all lights come on as usual.
          No, even with all doors open, the lights won't come on with the switch in the center position.
          And, yes. I still get the key chime when its in the ignition.

Its like the switch in the dome light is broken where there are now 2 positions for 'off' and then the normal 'on' position. As I said earlier, the service tech was stumped, too. Furthermore, no, I do not believe that I messed around in the DIC options either...but I don't recall an option to delete the interior lights when their feature is selected at the dome switch. That seems to be a little more basic of an option to be related to the DIC settings in my opinion.

Thanks for the help; I bet that I just have a faulty switch But we'll see after everything calms down enough that I can part with my wheels again for a day.
          2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

Yes based on your observations I agree that dealer should first take a look at the dome lamp assembly and make sure the ground signal that turns on lights it getting that far.

Everything else sounds to be working fine.

Comment

I had the same problem.I pulled the dome light out and jacked with it.It was the piece for the dome light in the middle position came loose and bent.I fixed it and it has worked great since. Just pop it looks and take a look.
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                I had the same problem.I pulled the dome light out and jacked with it.It was the piece for the dome light in the middle position came loose and bent.I fixed it and it has worked great since. Just pop it looks and take a look.
                Man...I wished that I'd seen my email when you posted this Joey! That was exactly the problem...A couple of weeks ago I got mad and ripped the dome cover off and found the loose strip after hearing a wierd vibration up there. I just held the strip of metal down with a pencil and put the switch back in the middle position---problem not solved, but patched at least. If anyone ever moves the selector, I'll have to fix it again...one more thing to get replaced before my warantee runs out

Comment

I put mine back on the plastic nob thing and bent the hell out of the plastic. It works great.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

^yeah, I tried to do that when I originally fixed the thing, but we were on the freeway at the time and once I got it anywhere near fixed I was satisfied...at least I know what's wrong now!

Comment

Working...
                    X