Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election!

Who are you voting for?

It's looking like the Conservatives might get a majority. I'm getting a woody just thinking about it.
    Bloc
    0.00%
    Communist
    0.00%
    Conservatives
    25.00%
    Greens
    40.00%
    Liberals
    5.00%
    NDP
    30.00%
    Marijuana
    0.00%

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Re: Election!

You can't have me
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

it's usally all about the lesser or 2 evils, but in this case, any party would be better then the PC and there faggot ken doll leader! he really screwed the people : (

My other car is a truck

Comment

not voting.

Comment

really an NDP supporter but since theres no way they will get even a minority at this point I'm voting liberal... it really sucks cuz Dion looks like a pin head but Harper is way worse
          2010 Chevy Equinox Blue AWD LTZ
          2005 Blue G6 GT Sedan - Traded In

Comment

Originally posted by Garret
            it's usally all about the lesser or 2 evils, but in this case, any party would be better then the PC and there faggot ken doll leader! he really screwed the people : (
            How has he screwed the people?

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3
              not voting.
              Then don't complain when the government does something you don't like. You give up that right by not voting.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g6kristie
                really an NDP supporter but since theres no way they will get even a minority at this point I'm voting liberal... it really sucks cuz Dion looks like a pin head but Harper is way worse
                What is wrong with Harper that makes Dion a better choice?

Strategic voting is a wasted vote. How many people do you think lean NDP but vote Liberal just to keep the Conservatives out of power? How will this ever help the NDP get into power? It won't. Voting "strategically" will have the end result of always keeping the NDP out, which makes them an irrelevant party.

sigpic

Comment

BTW, the asses that are voting Communist, either speak up to admit that you're an American fudging the poll, or get lost.

sigpic

Comment

never really looked at it that way... but common everyone does it just so harper wont get a majority...
                    2010 Chevy Equinox Blue AWD LTZ
                    2005 Blue G6 GT Sedan - Traded In

Comment

If you're open to friendly debate, either here or on MSN, can you answer something for me?

What is so wrong with Harper that people in Toronto and Atlantic Canada hate him so much? Other than buying into the Liberal smear campaign that he has some "hidden agenda".

He has done nothing in his current mandate to show that he has some kind of hidden agenda. He has broken some promises, but all politicians do (and if you think for even one minute that Dion is going to stick to his "green shift" crap, you're wrong).

Dion is already showing that his promises are BS. The plane that he's going to be using for his campaign is a 30 year old 737 that has noisey, fuel thirsty engines. Dion is going to have the WORST carbon footprint of any of the political leaders in this campaign.

Dion can barely speak english. Someone asked him the other day about car pooling and he had no idea what the term meant. Harper speaks fluent french, albeit with an english accent. Dion's excuse today for his poor english skills was that he has a hearing disability but doesn't know what it's called. He's lying to get a sympathy vote.

The fear mongering Liberals have said that Harper has sat idley by while the Economy in Ontario has turned to crap. The problem with that FUD is that Ontario's economy was going to turn to crap no matter what the feds did. Southern Ontario's economy is an automotive based economy supported mainly by the no longer big 3 and they have been hurting for YEARS. Our dollar appreciated as fast as the price of oil (indicating that oil and the dollar are tied together), which didn't help Ontario either. There was two ways of handling that. Allow the dollar to appreciate, or keep it artificially low while accepting HUGE inflation rates (think in the 10%+ range), which would have driven down everyone's real income and spending anyway. Ontario's economy is doomed until it either gets away from being mainly automotive, or until the big three stage a major recovery (which isn't going to happen any time soon).

A lot of other provinces have been experiencing booms due to the price of commodities. Alberta's job market is INSANE. If I don't like the job I'm working, I can be making the same amount of money or more tomorrow with one phone call. There are similar markets in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Newfoundland right now.

Another thing that the opposition is trying to throw around is that we aren't going to have a huge surplus this year. Let's look at what that means EXACTLY: It means that the government will be bringing in as much money as it is spending. It means that Canadians aren't being over taxed by $10 billion so that the government can show a surplus.

Cuts to arts programs: Why should the government be sponsoring art anyway? Shouldn't the artists be able to stand up on their own two feet without government assistance? I know that I don't want to pay for someone to sit at home creating music or paintings.

Child Care Benefit: $1200 / yr for any family with children under 6. That's a great idea, IMHO. Much better than setting up day care spaces at MY expense while people who have no need for daycare get no benefit from it.

Ok, I guess I just brought up a whole bunch of issues. But I'm just trying to understand the other side of the coin.

sigpic

Comment

I actually usually vote for NDP too, but they'll never get in. So I vote liberal. not that they are looking a lot better this year, how ever it's all about STOPPING THE PC'S! lol

and every one (party) has hidden agenda's. look at what ken doll did to the income trusts. he costed people so much money- and it was the people closest to retirement.

My other car is a truck

Comment

here's a good web site for the reading

http://www.harperlies.com/

My other car is a truck

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                            BTW, the asses that are voting Communist, either speak up to admit that you're an American fudging the poll, or get lost.

But it does not sound like Canada is in any better of a situation then we are down here..
                            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I voted Communist, but for the last time...I will not fudge your poll! Anyway, that whole you have no right to complain if you don't vote thing is a crock. Just because someone doesn't vote, for whatever reason, doesn't mean that he/she is giving up his rights. Maybe his/her opinion doesn't hold much clout with you, but that has nothing to do with a person's rights.

Comment

Working...
                              X