Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you change out the pontiac symbol on the front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you change out the pontiac symbol on the front?

i've been wanting to change the symbol on the front and back to a custom one . I know how to debadge the back but i dont know how to change the front? Also does anyone know where to get custom pontiac symbols? i ordered some from this site and they turned out to be POS.

Thanks.

Re: how do you change out the pontiac symbol on the front?

you ordered them from THIS site.... do you mean overlays?? i doubt that they were POS... all the vendors here have really good reputations...
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

no, i ordered them from some random site on the net, before i joined this site. wish i had waited. having a hard time finding them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigE12
        no, i ordered them from some random site on the net, before i joined this site. wish i had waited. having a hard time finding them.
        oh by "this" site you meant "some" site.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Yes, i didnt get them from a vendor on this site. I WISH I HAD, because the ones i got sucked

Comment

Originally posted by BigE12
            i ordered some from this site and they turned out to be POS.
            LOL you can see how we were confused then
            2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

ya, i just reread what i wrote and realized i wrote it wrong.

sorry

Comment

i was going to try and take off the front symbol with a screw driver, but i didnt want to chip the paint, and i need to get the new symbols first.

Comment

I know someone on G8Board.com created the G8 concept emblems and he's selling them.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Is that where you got yours from? i like the ones you've got on your car. nice car man.

Comment

Thanks, but I just put a black vinyl decal over the emblems.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        Thanks, but I just put a black vinyl decal over the emblems.
                        I am new to the site and trying out the search, but its hard for me to get to where I want. Can you order some vinyl decals and over lays from this site? I would like to get some for my 6 emblems.
                        QuickG6Guy

Mods: 5% Tint - K&N CAI - GT-R Exhaust with 3" Tips - 18" Drag DR Wheels - HID Headlights - HID Fog Lights - White LED Map and Dome Lights - White LED Reverse Lights - White Gauge Face - Blue LED Trunk Light

Future Mods: Halo Projector Headlights - AIT Front Bumer - Vector 91 ECM/TCM tune - Underbody Glow - 10" Sub and Amp
                        Possible Mods: Lowering Kit - Full Crab Intake

Comment

Did you have to take off the emblem? or does the overlay just go on top of the stock emblem?
                          I have overlays but im not sure if your supposed to take the chrome frame around the emblem off or what?

Please help.

Comment

E, they go on top of your existing emblem. They are precut to fit inside the chrome to cover just the red piece. Normally the red is covered with the little "cross" at the top is cut out.
                            You do not have to take off the existing emblem at all.
                            Does that answer your question?

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                            no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

the front has 2 extensions that go into the bumper and loads of double sided tape. you would first have to get the 2 extension off or push thru and then worry about the tape

there is pictures of holes. and then the whole back of the dart has double sided tape

Comment

Working...
                              X