My old car - 1999 Mercury Cougar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old car - 1999 Mercury Cougar

Just thought I'd share with you guys the car I had before I got the G6. This is the car that got me into the whole modding scene. I learned how to do mostly everything myself, and said to hell with letting other people touch my car lol. Why pay when you can do it yourself? And the best way to learn is to get your hands dirty.

Well, here are some pics of my '99 Mercury Cougar. It's gone through many stages of modding, I was always doing something to that car. But at its best, it had the following things done to it:

Engine
    -SVT upper/lower intake manifolds and SVT throttle body
    -AEM Cold Air Intake
    -Gutted precats
    -Aftermarket Y-Pipe with hi-flow cat converter.
    -Trubendz/Borla cat back exhaust
    -Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires
    -Blue Looms/Wire kit
    -Painted engine parts
    -OMP strut bar

Exterior
    -Wings West Body Kit
    -Visteon Hood Scoop
    -Razzi Spoiler
    -Painted Headlights and Removed Amber reflectors
    -Headlight and Custom Taillight Covers
    -No Limit Grill
    -Gas hood struts

Interior
    -Painted Dash/Pillars/Dyed Headliner
    -Diamond Plated Floormats

Audio/Electrical
    -Optima YellowTop Battery
    -Panasonic Stereo
    -Pioneer Speakers
    -Blastking Tweeters
    -2 12" Kicker CompVR Subs
    -Kicker 500W Amp with Capacitor
    -Streetglow Neons - Underbody LED kit
    -Neons under dash, in AC vents, trunk, under hood, hood scoop, front grill, LEDs in headlights.
    -Silverstar headlight/foglight bulbs
    -Blue Gauges
    -Conversion from green interior dash LEDs to blue
    -Emerson 7" Monitor with PS2 in glove box

Here are the pics from the week I got the car in 2001:

And here are some pics in its various stages:

Just so you know how much I tooled around with this car, it had 3 different sound systems, 2 different exhausts, 3 different intakes, and the interior was painted two color schemes: first red/silver, then silver/gray. Also notice the headlights in two of the last few pics, first they are two-tone silver/black, then I reversed the colors to black/silver.

The only mods I didn't do myself were: install hood scoop and spoiler. I let a bodyshop take care of the drilling for that

I accidentally deleted the cardomain page for it, but here's another small website with some pics:

Thanks for looking.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

...I've seen that Cat before!

Always loved that wide body kit. New a bunch of you guys over at Neco- guys got some nice rides over there. ANyone every bolt a turbo to teh Cougar? Not sure if I've ever read up on anyone doing it. WE've had a few Tour' guys with just under and just over 400FWHP and high 300 TQ. Unfortunatly, no one has EVER broke 12's. Those duratec's are near bomb proof-- aslong as those sweeping right hand turns remain minimal.

I know we'll see big plans for the G6!
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

engine bay looks awesome after all the work, nice job.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Old thread.. but I like your Cougar!! It brings back memories of my best friend's old one.. she had that gold color, it was pretty badass

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

yea the gold color was really rare, and there were very few modded ones.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Nice engine bay and yellow top.

Comment

thank you sir
              -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
              X