No announcement yet.

Tire size (yes, starting another one!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size (yes, starting another one!)

Anyone know if an 17x8 rim with a 215/60 on it will scrub? I'm considering getting some 17x8s for really (REALLY!) cheap and I need to make sure I can get home, lol. Anyone ever try an 8 inch wide rim on our cars? They're coming off of a Cobalt if that tells you anything.
    2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Re: Tire size (yes, starting another one!)

Well, since you're only running a 215 on it, I imagine you'll be fine. mjf is running 245 width on his, no problems. Stock size on the 18x7 SS rim is 225/50. I'm probably gonna run 245/45's when I re-tire, I found 3 nails in the fronts when doing my brakes.

Honestly I think you're going to have issues with it being too narrow, a 215 width only covers 6-7.5" rims according to a tire calculator.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Yeah I saw that earlier today. Kind of makes me wonder if the rims really are mounted on a 17x8 or not. I mailed the guy to clarify, so we'll see.
      edit: Finally found the rims online, they're 17x7.5 like I thought they should be, only come in that width in the 17" version, +38 offset, with a 5.75 backspacing. Not the exact rim I was looking for, but this deal is extremely good, and these will provide for a lot better resale then my crappy little steelies, methinks.

Comment

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

See above lol

Comment

Those aren't half bad! Gonna look nice.

I don't know anything about offsets/backspacing, but I think epsilon's run a 45 offset. If you know the guy (I'm assuming he's local), see if he'll let you do a test fit on the fronts and do a lock to lock steering turn and see if there's any contact. I bet you'll be ok, especially with skinny tires like that.

Comment

looks great.
              once you get them ......
              I dont think that youd have any problem with the size either.... iff the top of my head they sound fine
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

those are some nice rims there
                sigpic
                Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                It takes years to become a member of this elite group
                K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

So yeah, dude totally flaked out on me (never showed, won't reply to my messages), so yeah. Knew it was too good to be true, ha. I hate people like that. I mean, he's the one selling the rims and doesn't have the courtesy to tell me why he never showed. Go figure.

Comment

Boo, that sucks.

Comment

how much was he asking?

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

$150 + my wheels and tires

Comment

Working...
                        X