This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Performance gains...Another satisfied customer

I'm going to do an official purchase review, but I wanted those who are on the fence or not quite ready to make the decision to read this. I too was not 10000% sold on the GT-R but went ahead and got...this is the result.

The GT-R system is absolutely worth every penny. If you have never been able to say that your car pulls like a raped ape, then you don't know what you are missing. I have the CAB and VMS tune on my 3.6L and this has been a fan-freaking-tastic addition to those mods. It was wet outside today, so I wasn't able to test its full potential, but I was able to check low end torque a bit and I just can't put into words the seat of the pants difference I feel.

The sound is fantastic and my friend absolutely loved it. We were riding behind a ricer on the initial test drive after getting everything assembled and my friend just started laughing at how ridiculous it sounded compared to mine and he drives a civic that at one time had a big fart can on it.

All in all, extremely impressed. I was a little skeptic at first and wasn't sure I'd be in love with the sound, but I am and the performance difference was terrific. A nice low rumble at idle and a high revving Euro sound while at full throttle. I love actually being able to feel a difference in an investment and this one hit the nail on the head.

Sam, thank you very much for the system and I wish nothing but the best of luck in future endeavors w/ the 6er.

Nate
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: Performance gains...Another satisfied customer

Glad to see a satified customer

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Damnit, that's 2 people now with the 3.6 and the GT-R who say it kicks ass. I wish I didn't have so many damn bills, I'd be all over that.
      Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
      Originally posted by schenko
      If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks07GTP
        Damnit, that's 2 people now with the 3.6 and the GT-R who say it kicks ass. I wish I didn't have so many damn bills, I'd be all over that.
        same here

GT-R, can't you make us poor people a payment plan
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Thanks for the great review Nate

Swampassjr: same here

Believe it or not, we really should be selling the GT-R for alot more than the $599.99 we are currently offering it to G6 Performance members, as the cost of stainless continues to go thru the roof. I will continue to offer it at that price for as long as I can. We're not buying Chinese produced stainless, which is nothing but junk, in order to cut corners like the others have, so for us, every time we sell a system at the forum special of $599.99, someone is getting a great deal. I wish I could do more, but I can't.

Comment

Well I truely hope it stays 599.99 as long as possible cus I'm saving every penny to get one. Already bought the valence for it, just need a little more money and I will be purchasing one!
            2005 G6 GT... Looking to play around with it, if you have advise message me!

Comment

What's the VMS tune? Sorry for my ignorance!
              Project G:

Custom intake/ home made ram air. Magnaflow muffler/ resonator delete. Painted/custom interior, Rebadged, 15% tint.
              Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Pix here: http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp119/tommyboy1587/

Comment

Vector Motorsports ecm tune.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                4 door mafia
                93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                8000k hid's
                Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                13.207@107.11
                330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

it should stay at around 599.99 as long as the price of stainless doesnt go up. One thing ive learned in life is that no matter how reasonably priced a product is, people always want it cheaper.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by Konthek
                    Well I truely hope it stays 599.99 as long as possible cus I'm saving every penny to get one. Already bought the valence for it, just need a little more money and I will be purchasing one!
                    shouda bought the valence after so you have more money now.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                      Originally posted by Konthek
                      shouda bought the valence after so you have more money now.

haha welll I need a litte more then 75$ lol. But it is a wish in progress!!!
                      2005 G6 GT... Looking to play around with it, if you have advise message me!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
                        same here

Originally posted by GT-R
                        Believe it or not, we really should be selling the GT-R for alot more than the $599.99 we are currently offering it to G6 Performance members, as the cost of stainless continues to go thru the roof. I will continue to offer it at that price for as long as I can. We're not buying Chinese produced stainless, which is nothing but junk, in order to cut corners like the others have, so for us, every time we sell a system at the forum special of $599.99, someone is getting a great deal. I wish I could do more, but I can't.
                        I don't think he was saying make it any cheaper, but maybe letting us pay a little each month, so we don't have to front the whole $700 or so all at once.
                        Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
                        Originally posted by schenko
                        If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

We have a product review folder....
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks07GTP
                            I don't think he was saying make it any cheaper, but maybe letting us pay a little each month, so we don't have to front the whole $700 or so all at once.
                            I was giving an explanation of what we are already doing to help out. We're not set up to do the payment plan, infact I tell everyone to hold off sending any funds, till their system is ready to ship out.

Comment

Can't wait for mine
                              2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Working...
                              X