To paint or not to paint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To paint or not to paint...

Taking apart my headlights to get rid of the giant orange globe in it tomorrow.. wondering if I should paint them or not... what do you think? Sorry, these are the best pictures from the front I have right now...

2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Re: To paint or not to paint...

well if u know how to do it, go for it while its apart.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

paint 'em!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

just a fyi...you dont have to open them to take out the amber part

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Originally posted by Val06SS
          You have my attention sir............ opcorn:

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Lol...

Alls you gotta do is look behind the headlight and take off the dust cap for the turn signal..by simply unscrewing it. Then you take out the bulb...you'll see the amber bulb in there being held on by 3 tabs IIRC. The easiest way to do this is by breaking the tabs that hold the turn signal socket in place (remember you can reattach it later on with some adhesive or even black electrical tape ( ).....

After that simply reach in there and take it out (the amber case) and if you want also take out the amber reflector while you have it exposed

And Ta-Da! Hey it works

Comment

You're my hero. I know what I'm doing this weekend while it's raining buckets from Hannah. Thank god for my new apartment with a garage!

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Yeah man. heres a better pic to explain it
                Just remember....EVERYTHING has to exit thru that lil hole...so some "in-housing smashing" is in order...doesnt have to be pretty as long as its all out lol

And man did this thread get derailed or what....
                ^^^^edit-nevermind i thought this was the SS Bumpers thread, my bad
                Totally on-topic

Comment

Well, it got delayed today either way. I'm gonna wait and figure out whether or not I want to paint them. Maybe color match them? Damn that's a lot of little touch up tubes, though....
                  2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Val06SS

cant wait to do this!!!
                    I wasnt brave enough to try it without hearing that it could be done... Now I cant wait... maybe sunday
                    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

I didnt paint in the housing at all , but Val helpd me while back on gettin the amber out and it workd good. But yes i think paintin them on the darker cars looks better , but if i did on mine it might throw the look off a lil .
                      Mods-Smoked tails and eyelids ,Crab Intake, Nokya 7000k hi's low's and 2500k yellow fogs , Dupli-color painted red calipers and black rims , custom paintd interior trim and enginebay covers ,red looms,white gauge overlays,low-front lip spoiler, debagged , led's and neons inside . Soon to come - Tuning and exhaust !!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3059626

Comment

Working...
                      X