Fog lamp switch question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lamp switch question.

Sorry if it has been discused before, but what is up with the fogs on these cars?

On my Camaro I can leave the switch on and they only go on if I turn on the lamps.

On the G6 I can't leave the switch on or they stay on? So even though I have auto lamps if I wanna
    use the fogs I have to turn them on and off?

If there a simple way around this or no?

Thanks!

Re: Fog lamp switch question.

All I can suggest is possibly re-wiring the fog lights to come on whenever you turn on the headlights. Other then that, I don't think there's any other way around it besides turning them on everytime you want them on

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Originally posted by jgarcia05
      All I can suggest is possibly re-wiring the fog lights to come on whenever you turn on the headlights.
      Which in itself is a task because the BCM controls them, and just receives a signal from the switch. You'd basically have to bypass the BCM and rewire the headlights to trigger the fogs and whatnot.
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Or you could do this.....

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
        - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
        - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
          He doesn't want them on all the time...
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Oh, whoops. Nevermind then.
            Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
            - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
            - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
              Oh, whoops. Nevermind then.
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                Originally posted by jgarcia05
                All I can suggest is possibly re-wiring the fog lights to come on whenever you turn on the headlights.
                Which in itself is a task because the BCM controls them, and just receives a signal from the switch. You'd basically have to bypass the BCM and rewire the headlights to trigger the fogs and whatnot.
                It wouldn't have to be that complex. You could do it all with a relay and by tapping in to the fusebox in the engine compartment, and in to one of the headlights.

Comment

Well thanks for the replys guys.

They do turn off with the headlights when you turn the car off, I just have to remember to turn them on.

More work then the Camaro lol, but not to bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X