Toronto Personal Vehicle Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Personal Vehicle Tax

Renewal's in, and got the pamphlet about the PVT.

Really don't want to pay it, man. $60 bucks a year to pay for Miller's leisure? WTF?

I'm seriously considering re-registering my car in Waterloo again... I have a friend's address I can use.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Toronto Personal Vehicle Tax

is this something new for you guys? seems kinda shitty

Comment

Yep, just took effect on September 1.

This thing raised a lot of noise and controversy when it was first brought about a while ago.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Comment

For those of you who don't know, this is in addition to the $74 vehicle registration renewal every year. That means that people living in Toronto are now paying $134 year for registration which is ridiculous.

It's a good thing that Miller isn't running the liberals nationally. He'd win the election and then start tax, tax, taxing Canadians to death so that he can pay for his pet projects while Toronto's traffic congestion continues to climb to new levels.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I HATE DAVID MILLER!! He like to do things under the table especially with putting more taxes on us.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I'm happy not living in Toronto (I don't even like going downtown)... but of course the politicians out my way say "well, they did [what-ever] in Toronto, so it must be OK to do it here too." This applies to more than just the new car license plate registration tax too.
              Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

Good thing they don't have the authority to do all of the things that Toronto has done then.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

It's only a matter of time. Unfortunately.
                  Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

I know nothing about this, but i feel for you guys/gals up there... I was up there last week on vacation and cant believe the prices on items up there... 11 bucks for a pack of cigs and 50 bucks for a case of beer

Ridiculous!

I dont know how some people do it??

Good luck!
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Beer costs so much here because they actually put alcohol in it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                        Beer costs so much here because they actually put alcohol in it.
                        QFT!

bastard!
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Cigarettes are taxed up the ass to try and get people to quit.

Didn't work though

Comment

Man, that sucks

Comment

Im registering mine at the cottage. Im out there enough that i can say i live there!

$120 for two cars. Can you believe it!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X