Got my new intake!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new intake!!

Thank goodness!!!! Finally got my car to the way it should be! Now that the intake is in, she rides better than ever!!! Thanks Doctor Speed!!!!! :warped:

I aim to please
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

awesome!
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Going for the yellow theme it looks like.... I think I'll paint my centerpiece yellow, too!!!

Comment

How hard is it to install the stage 3 intake? I use to have two trucks, both a 2000 and 2004 f-150's and it was simple to do. Took about 20 minutes to do. Is this the same?

Also, I cannot seem to find any exhaust kits alreay made for the 05 g6, does it all have to be custom made?

Comment

The only part that is somewhat difficult is taking the headlight light out the 1st time. I'm sure you can do it.

Edit: Removed Welcome, wrong post
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

If you have done intake work before it will be no problem for you. Like said, if you can get the intake out that's basically the hardest part. Well and removing the intake resonator I should add, which can be a pain to get out but some people just take a saw and cut it out. If you want to save it you can loosen up the front bumper and squeeze it out, or drop it out from underneath.

Comment

looks gooood

Comment

I cannot seem to find any exhaust kits alreay made for the 05 g6, does it all have to be custom made
                  I'm suprised nobody has jumped on this

There is only really one exhaust that is specially made for the G6. That is made by a member on this site, GT-R. He puts together kits that are bolt on and can be done yourself. Other companies like Borla, Flowmaster, ect. have not showed interest in making cat back systems. If you want more info do a search and you'll find more than enough info.

Back on topic, the intake looks good. I think if you left the engine cover black and highlighted some of it yellow and got yellow spark pulg wires would look somkin'.
                  2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Yeah - that sounds hot... I like the way you think!

I put a post up about a noise I'm getting.... Think it might be from too much play in the intake. Trying to find a way to tighten it to the frame a little better. Wonder if anyone else had this problem???

As far as how long it took, less than an hour, but goofing off and wasting time the whole time. I didn't do the install, but I was there to supervise... :smoke:

Comment

Working...
                    X